Popular Tags: [View All]
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
My princess is not in another castle.
mb
I've got a question about the Step 2 section in the Game 5 rules.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Like other Villains, his ability is active as soon as he is revealed. Note: This could force you to resolve the abilities of four Villains on your turn.

Voldemort's ability reads: Active Hero loses 1 heart and discards a card.

I'm not sure what this means. Do we have to resolve his ability from the Villain Draw Pile because he's face-up when the second-to-last villain is moved to the active villain area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we played it.
I think players are told to put him under the deck face up so that his ability activates as soon as the second-to-last villain is moved onto a villain space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Do we have to resolve his ability from the Villain Draw Pile because he's face-up when the second-to-last villain is moved to the active villain area?

Yes. This means you have four active villains on the board, Lord V plus the standard three slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Because NWSNBN appears face up when the last of the 'normal' villians gets placed out, we've found it important to try to get a few of the villians preloaded with a lot of damage so we can take a few out in the turn he-himself appears, minimizing the pain.

Alternatively, we've found ourselves prioritizing very damaging villians, leaving a fairly weak or situationally dependant set to support V.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
My princess is not in another castle.
mb
Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.