Hide
8 Posts

Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: tank vs AT gun in melee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Tank with main gun knocked out is in a position to move into melee vs AT gun.

1) Is this legal?
2) If it is, what would be the FP of the tank.

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall it, a tank with no Main Armament may not Assault Move. Solves the problem nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Kinnear
United States
Schenecady
New York
flag msg tools
Rule 28/8 says that "vehicles with no functioning armaments... may not Assault move." I would interpret that to mean that a tank that still had functioning MGs could Assault move and use the MG firepower in Melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as long as it has some functioning armament, even just mgs.

If the tank's mgs have a FP of 2 and the Melee modifier of +2, so it has a total FP of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Ok That leads to the next question. Is the combat done as Infantry melee or as a tank combat, where there is die roll to see who goes first.

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I messed up the first question I will probably mess this up, but I think you are thinking of a Tank Duel where both participants are tanks. Since you are up against infantry I think the regular process would be used, with no To-Hits - Just added offenses, subtract defenses (rear armor) and roll for a simultaneous death match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
That is the way I thought it would work, but have made enough wrong assumptions. Frustrating to be playing and read on the forum that you have been doing it wrong. On the other hand also very pleased when assumption are correct.

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, resolved as a regular Melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.