Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Girard
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are the machines allowed to transform units from 2, or more, regions and use those wrenches to activate structures in each region?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webchain wrote:
Are the machines allowed to transform units from 2, or more, regions and use those wrenches to activate structures in each region?

Thank you.

No, as the skill card says it's either or, and it has to all take place in the same region.

Quote:
Remove one of your Structures to place (mini icon) equal to the removed Structure's const in the same Region. OR Remove any number of your (mini icon) to use (wrenches icon) equal to the number of removed Units to Build and Activate Structures in the same Region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Sanders
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Question is on the transform skill if you have an empty reserve,

Do you need minis in your reserve in order to transform a building into units?
aka, is it impossible to transform a building into units unless you have enough minis to do so?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blakeSanders wrote:
Question is on the transform skill if you have an empty reserve,

Do you need minis in your reserve in order to transform a building into units?
aka, is it impossible to transform a building into units unless you have enough minis to do so?

thanks!

I suppose you could Transform, and not place any minis, but I cannot think of a reason you'd want to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blakeSanders wrote:

For example, you have one unit in your reserve and you want it in a region that has an orbital sniper. You want to get rid of the sniper, and put a unit there.

I don't know if its been said explicitly, but I would say that you could transform if you have less units then normal. You're only shorting yourself, so I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necr0mancer wrote:
blakeSanders wrote:

For example, you have one unit in your reserve and you want it in a region that has an orbital sniper. You want to get rid of the sniper, and put a unit there.

I don't know if its been said explicitly, but I would say that you could transform if you have less units then normal. You're only shorting yourself, so I don't see why not.

If you don't have enough Units, you MAY transform up to the amount you have if that is crucial. But, it's a bad play.

Speaking generally, you shouldn't be doing heavy Recruiting with Machines. Rely more on their Structures, Factory, and if in play, Transform to get Units or do the work of Units. Machines don't have spare bandwidth on more than a few Recruit/Move actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see this in the FAQ, but can you transform a building into troops in a combat region you control? I know you can't use it to build, because you cannot build in a combat region. But could you melt a bunker into troops in a region where you're being attacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
Didn't see this in the FAQ, but can you transform a building into troops in a combat region you control? I know you can't use it to build, because you cannot build in a combat region. But could you melt a bunker into troops in a region where you're being attacked?

Only structures that explicitly say on them that they can affect a Battle Region can. So rule of thumb if the structure doesn't mention battle regions, it can't affect them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cry thanks.
EDIT: you are saying structures; I assume you also mean "abilities", as in to say, no you can't melt down a bunker into through troops in a battle region?
Because, technically, bunkers can affect battle regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
cry thanks.
EDIT: you are saying structures; I assume you also mean "abilities", as in to say, no you can't melt down a bunker into through troops in a battle region?
Because, technically, bunkers can affect battle regions.

Yes, generally speaking the if it (skill, structures, cards, etc...) doesn't explicitly mention Battle Regions it doesn't affect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, i keep looking for these machines to catch a lucky break in the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:

Transform + Moving city is insanely powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:

I used to think they were the weakest faction, but I do not believe that anymore, and I think played well they may be the strongest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all good with that provided I eventually get there. The sad thing is, they are my wife's favorite faction, and in general she's not as heavy a gamer, so the odds of her getting to performance level with them may be slim.
We may implement some house rules to make them less "expert-level" in the mean-time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
I'm all good with that provided I eventually get there. The sad thing is, they are my wife's favorite faction, and in general she's not as heavy a gamer, so the odds of her getting to performance level with them may be slim.
We may implement some house rules to make them less "expert-level" in the mean-time.

If you want to aid her, give her a random Mountain card in her deck to start and/or +1 Unit on her HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm! Good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Sethy295 wrote:

1) how do you implement it?
2) do you pick the skills or draw them at random?

In our games humans have a very clear advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Sethy295 wrote:

1) how do you implement it?
2) do you pick the skills or draw them at random?

In our games humans have a very clear advantage.

Initially, random, once you know the game, pick your favorites. I tend to play with 1-2 skills. If you're struggling against the Humans, make them go random, or give them some of the weaker skills.

Example of Moving City plus Transform.

Start of Action:
Moving City --> Move Shred Drone
Action --> Activate Shred Drone
Transform --> Turn Shred Drone into Units

Next Action
Action --> Move Units into Region to attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yung Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
hey guys, can anyone help me with the machine bunker activation?

It says if there's a battle token, add 2 reserved units into the battle region, but then if there's a battle token on the region, you can't activate the bunker???

Pleeease heeelp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.