Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the Skunk.

First, does the Skunk count as a Farm, or Forest Animal? It scores as the Wolf if the Skunk is in the Forest, and as the Rooster if the Skunk is in the Farm. (It feels a bit like the Cylon Sympathizer in Battlestar Galactica.) I lean towards it being a Forest Animal, as those are the ones with unique scoring rules, and otherwise the Skunk would be eaten when in the same Area as the Wolf.

Second, according to the discussion about the English rule for 2nd version with Skunk and Tortoise, it seems as if the Skunk's Ability actually only work on the immediately adjacent two players, that is the players to the Skunk's immediate left, and right. I hope to have this confirmed though. It could very well mean the first player to the Skunk's left, and right which is in the same Area as the Skunk. I look forward to clearing this up.

The Tortoise I merely treat as a Farm Animal, and acknowledge that it's Ability can impact scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Is the Skunk a Farm, or Forest Animal, and how does its Ability work?
Yokiboy wrote:
First, does the Skunk count as a Farm, or Forest Animal?

I can't answer all of your questions... but I believe I can nudge you towards an answer for this one...

Take a look at the background of each tile. :)
That indicator is there for all animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Seth, I was so focused on the dual scoring of the Skunk, but I came to the same conclusion, but forgot to update this thread.

The Skunk is properly labeled a Forest Animal, and the Tortoise a Farm Animal in my Animals Frightening Night Reference & Play Aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.