Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hh amburger
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi every one,

did someone tryed the game with a 6th player?
I know, there is only stuff for 5 in the box, but it should be possible to copy one player board and adding some other stones from another game.

I just ask, because our gaming group often plays with 6 people.
Maybe the game balance becomes odd with more than 5?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm curious about that as well. You could very well pick up another color from here:

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/translucent-plastic-c...

Though I think the only problem is the game would be a lot slower with six but hey, I'd say give it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
I tried it on six player once, and it worked out really good. The Malin issue I found was that terraformer milestone can't be on 35 as the TRs are divided over six players. I would suggest this to be 30 in a six player game. A little dead time between turns, but you get time to prepare the next turn and look at what the other players actually do, which you don't have time for with fewer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hh amburger
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a good idea, to adjust the value of the terraformer Milestone would also make sense in a 4 or 5 Player game.
Like:
2 p: 35 TR
3 p: 33 TR
4 p: 32 TR
5 p: 31 TR
6 p: 30 TR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
hhamburger wrote:
Thats a good idea, to adjust the value of the terraformer Milestone would also make sense in a 4 or 5 Player game.
Like:

Does it? Do you also then adjust the number of city tiles claimed for Mayor, number of greenery tiles for Gardener, number of building tags for Builder, and number of cards for Planner?

The game's nature simply makes each of the milestones harder to achieve with more people on a proportional basis and I question whether sliding the scale of requirements is really necessary or worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
hhamburger wrote:
Like:

Does it? Do you also then adjust the number of city tiles claimed for Mayor, number of greenery tiles for Gardener, number of building tags for Builder, and number of cards for Planner?

The game's nature simply makes each of the milestones harder to achieve with more people on a proportional basis and I question whether sliding the scale of requirements is really necessary or worthwhile.

Mayor, Gardener, Builder and Planner is not affected as much as the Terraformer in comparison to each other. The things you have to think about when setting those values is that they should all become claimable at about the same time. With more players the TRs are split on more players while the others aren't. I never found this to be an issue until this six player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.