Subject: Way to convert Madness mechanism to Tides of Time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Tides of Time, and I much prefer the art in that game to the Cthulhu art (even though I love the mythos in other games). But I have a hard time getting Tides of Time out to the table because it feels too scripted for most people, and I'm hoping that the addition of the Madness Mechanism might help add a bit of extra fun tension to the game.

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to adjust specific Tides of Time cards to try and duplicate what was accomplished in Tides of Madness? I know that some cards were changed in ToM, but if anyone has any ideas on making Tides of Time work that would be awesome, thanks .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem is there are 3 new cards to replace Time's 3 Suit-less ones. The bigger issue is that the Madness cards have a visual reminder on them, sk you would eed to probably alter your cards, or insert overlays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard Örtegren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, just uploaded a version on the Tides of Time File page (going to take a few days for it to be approved I guess). The version is called "Tides of Time: In Arms" and is basically a rethemed version of the madness mechanism.

You do not have to alter the cards in Tides of Time, I found a way to use the existing symbols in a new and fairly intuitive way.

I also found a way to transfer the 2 new needed card effects on to exisiting cards (To the only 2 Tides of Time cards without printed VP), with a simple small player aide.

All you need to do is print the pdf and grab 20 tokens and your good to go. I'll post a link here if/when it is approved,

Cheers,

Ripcodian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard Örtegren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Hey again, everything is up and running now. Please feel free to check it out, play and comment on it's variant page below.

Tides of Time: In Arms variant (madness mechanism)

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.