Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, guys, I've found my new favourite game!

It's awesome!

I have a question: in the rules, it's written that in the cleanup step,
you shuffle the discard, the draw pile and the next era cards.

Is it me or that's adding a lot of randomness? Creating a bigger draw pile?

Our first game, we played each era with only tha era's cards.
I kinda liked it a bit more like that.

I wanna play it again, soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
richardtempura wrote:
Ok, guys, I've found my new favourite game!

It's awesome!
Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words.

richardtempura wrote:
I have a question: in the rules, it's written that in the cleanup step,
you shuffle the discard, the draw pile and the next era cards.

Is it me or that's adding a lot of randomness? Creating a bigger draw pile?

Our first game, we played each era with only tha era's cards.
I kinda liked it a bit more like that.

I wanna play it again, soon.

The game was not intended, or play tested, with players only playing cards from the Era that they are in. Wade was shooting for an interesting mix of events that could show up in various Eras. I think the game would become predictable in the 1900 and 1910 Era and it may affect the overall tactics versus keeping the game more open ended.

I do think it is an interesting twist, though. I am huge fan of players experimenting with games that they love. I have been applying house rules to games since I was a kid in the 80s. I am just not sure how it would pan out?

Also, there are only 17 cards in the 1910 Era so you will run out of cards in a 4-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're already keeping cards for the next turn when you receive your cards in the beginning of each era, you're already using previous era cards.

One way would involve only using some of the previous era cards.
So when comes the last era, you must remove the 1st era's cards from the draw pile.
A tad more fiddly. I'll test it on our next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
richardtempura wrote:
Since you're already keeping cards for the next turn when you receive your cards in the beginning of each era, you're already using previous era cards.

So when comes the last era, you must remove the 1st era's cards from the draw pile.

That is an interesting variant! I would love to know how that works once you have had a chance to play it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven´t played it yet, so what am doing here, right? it´s because I am really looking forward to it.

I also found it odd to have recurrent cards in the game when all the draw pile will be used on buildind the deck fot the next Era.

It feels that only recurrent cards plus the bank cards should be passing from one Era to the following. It keeps a little bit of predictability to a game that already seems to have a "chaotic" component in the sense that the effects are very powerful and different, and also many times stronger than the usual 3, 4 or 5 MM.
This may make the game a lot focussed on the text, more than on the MM possible actions.

Maybe, as said above, the last era could run out of cards, since in a 4P game it would need 20 cards to be drawn and there is only 17 on the game. But it not likely that NO recurrent cards would be used during the early Eras (at least three of them would be enough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
richardtempura wrote:

That is an interesting variant! I would love to know how that works once you have had a chance to play it out.

We did play like that in our last game.

We will be playing it with that variant from now on.
It was perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused on this. The rules say:

Quote:
Clean Up
Add the cards from the discard pile, and the cards from the next Era Deck, to the main deck and shuffle.

But it also says:

Quote:
Recurring Card – These cards are shuffled back into the main deck at the end of the Era.

Is it both of these? In which order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
I'm confused on this. The rules say:

Quote:
Clean Up
Add the cards from the discard pile, and the cards from the next Era Deck, to the main deck and shuffle.

But it also says:

Quote:
Recurring Card – These cards are shuffled back into the main deck at the end of the Era.

Is it both of these? In which order?

Under the "Playing Cards" section at the top of page 6 it states, "After being played, for MM or an Event, if the card is a Recurring Card, place it in the discard pile; otherwise, remove it from the game by placing it back in the game box."

Because Recurring cards automatically go into the discard pile then the discard pile, remaining cards, and next Era deck are all shuffled together. Sometimes players do not always remove non-Recurring cards from the game. In that cases, you may want to check the Discard pile by quickly scanning through them and removing any non-Recurring cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.