24 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Late Backer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slobering Monkey
msg tools
mbmbmb
I late backed a The Works pledge. Any one know if it will be shipped with the other Works pledges or at a later date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
SloberingMonkey wrote:
I late backed a The Works pledge. Any one know if it will be shipped with the other Works pledges or at a later date?

No clue. Since they are shipping works first followed by standard edition, it wouldnt make sense to then go back and ship more works packages by prioritizing backers over late backers.

It's the difference of a week, two at most, in when you receive the game, so it really doesn't matter anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
I'm curious by what you mean as "late backed". Is it possible to still pledge to get The Works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
jikl2001 wrote:
I'm curious by what you mean as "late backed". Is it possible to still pledge to get The Works?

My pledge manager is still open for me to actually go through and purchase it, which I have not yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, the games are on the ship, so I doubt it is actually possible to get a late pledge through any means. I suspect that leaving the pledge manager open is yet another oversight on the part of IDW. I would exercise that option with caution.

On the other hand, rumor has it that many dissatisfied backers will be trying to unload theirs once it arrives. If enough do it, you might be able to pick it up cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
Oh, were you guys already backers, but you guys see the option to add to your pledge amount? Is that what you mean? I outright missed this Kickstarter, and I don't see an option to pledge at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
jikl2001 wrote:
Oh, were you guys already backers, but you guys see the option to add to your pledge amount? Is that what you mean? I outright missed this Kickstarter, and I don't see an option to pledge at all.

I missed the KS, too. Someone posted a link to the pledge manager or whatever where you could back late. I pledged The Works, so right now, when I go to my pledge manager, I can just purchase The Works, but I can also add to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
What the ... ? Seriously? Where is this? Crap ... I ordered the Standard edition, but I would've vastly preferred getting The Works. Maybe I can still cancel the order ...

But then, people are saying that they don't think the Pledge Manager still being open is legit. Is there any official word? The boxes should be about ready to ship by this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck getting official word from IDW about anything.

I can confirm that the Pledge Manager does not say it is locked. However, I have seen in the KS comments and on Facebook that the games have left China. That means that their inventory of Works is limited. And some will need to be reserved for games damaged during shipping, missing parts, etc.

I would not trust adding a copy of the Works in the Pledge Manager at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:

I can confirm that the Pledge Manager does not say it is locked. However, I have seen in the KS comments and on Facebook that the games have left China. That means that their inventory of Works is limited. And some will need to be reserved for games damaged during shipping, missing parts, etc.

I would not trust adding a copy of the Works in the Pledge Manager at this point.

165? I was probably going to wait for retail anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
Damn it, I'm huge TMNT fan, and I would've loved getting a copy of The Works. I missed finding the Kickstarter in time by a mere 4 days, and I was so annoyed when I discovered that. Now I'm freshly annoyed all over again. Ugh ...

Anyway, thanks guys for answering my questions. I'll just keep my eyes open to see if anyone's unloading their copy on eBay or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

I don't understand your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
The Works isn't available through retail. Unless that changed. That didn't change did it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
donnbobhardy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

I think the 165 is the cost of The Works on Pledge Manager (not sure, cuz I don't know the url). And then he was saying he'll wait for it to come out in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works won't be available at retail. If that changed, they haven't announced anything through KS.

And it was $150 during the KS. If it's at $165 now, maybe they raised the price for late backers?

EDIT: Maybe the $165 included shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

Thats because there wasnt one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Works won't be available at retail. If that changed, they haven't announced anything through KS.

And it was $150 during the KS. If it's at $165 now, maybe they raised the price for late backers?

EDIT: Maybe the $165 included shipping.

Yeah, its 165 with shipping. From what I understand theres not really any differences between The Works and anything else. Seems to just be the box and maybe a couple scenarios that will be released eventually anyways.

Ill pay 60 bucks for the retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Lim
msg tools
There are a good number of differences IIRC. The bulk of the cost difference comes from the extra minis, most likely. The Works has the original comic variants of the Turtles, Rocksteady & Bebop (both their mutated and human forms), a ton of Mousers, Splinter, and Super Shredder.

EDIT: That said, TBH, I doubt that it's really with the extra $100 for most people. I'm just a such huge fan of TMNT, so I was willing to dish out the extra money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
jikl2001 wrote:
There are a good number of differences IIRC. The bulk of the cost difference comes from the extra minis, most likely. The Works has the original comic variants of the Turtles, Rocksteady & Bebop (both their mutated and human forms), a ton of Mousers, Splinter, and Super Shredder.

EDIT: That said, TBH, I doubt that it's really with the extra $100 for most people. I'm just a such huge fan of TMNT, so I was willing to dish out the extra money.

Variant turtles are cool, but not a necessity to me. Bebop, Rocksteady, and Super Shredder would be cool, though.

But now this guy is putting doubts in my head haha. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several scenarios that won't be retail. From something I heard, it sounds like the Mousers will be in the Splinter pack, but will be cardboard tokens instead of minis. And I've never been clear on what's going on with BB/RS/SS. I'm not entirely sure that IDW knows either.

EDIT: I guess the non-retail scenarios are for all backers, not just works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$60 - Base game from retail

+$30 - (Through KS)
- April Pack
- Casey Pack
- 2 map tiles
- 2 campaigns
- 6 ally cards
- extra dice

+$60 - (Through Works)
- Splinter Pack
- 15 Mouser minis (enhanced Splinter pack?)
- Bebop & Rocksteady as mutants
- Bebop & Rocksteady as humans
- Super Shredder

Whether or not that is "worth the price" probably depends on whether or not you care about the non-gameplay content (not listed above) and/or how much you can manage to sell it off for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Donn, you forgot to mention the Eastman Turtle sculpts for The Works.

A few notes:

From what I understand, The MOUSERs in the Splinter retail pack are tokens, but there will almost certainly be a retail version with minis and Baxter Stockman. Given how MOUSERs appear to work, though, I don't see this as a duplicate purchase -- it just means you will have that many more units on the board for the heroes to deal with.

The Rocksteady and Bebop issue has never been clear, except that R&B will be released retail in the City Fall expansion. However, those versions are purported to be outright villains, while the versions in the KS are a special class of "enhanced" minions. At least that's true for the mutated versions. I think the human versions are simply alternate minions.

Super Shredder, there's every indication that he was just an over-the-top addition that will never see retail.

"Save the Studio" is a campaign, but I believe "Rooftop Rush" is merely a single scenario.

For me it was worth it because I expect to spend the additional money (on expansions) anyway, so why not get it immediately and also get all the extra stuff? But that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
Donn, you forgot to mention the Eastman Turtle sculpts for The Works.

A few notes:

From what I understand, The MOUSERs in the Splinter retail pack are tokens, but there will almost certainly be a retail version with minis and Baxter Stockman. Given how MOUSERs appear to work, though, I don't see this as a duplicate purchase -- it just means you will have that many more units on the board for the heroes to deal with.

The Rocksteady and Bebop issue has never been clear, except that R&B will be released retail in the City Fall expansion. However, those versions are purported to be outright villains, while the versions in the KS are a special class of "enhanced" minions. At least that's true for the mutated versions. I think the human versions are simply alternate minions.

Super Shredder, there's every indication that he was just an over-the-top addition that will never see retail.

"Save the Studio" is a campaign, but I believe "Rooftop Rush" is merely a single scenario.

For me it was worth it because I expect to spend the additional money (on expansions) anyway, so why not get it immediately and also get all the extra stuff? But that's just me.

Eastman turtles add no gameplay, which I already said I excluded from the list. Rooftop Rush is the name of the map. The scenario is called "Mirage" on the KS page and was upgraded to a campaign. And human BB&RS are supposed to come with their own cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Eastman turtles add no gameplay, which I already said I excluded from the list.

Okay. Not trying to start an argument here. I mention it because they were a big Works draw for a lot of people -- probably the biggest single draw overall. In fact, for a long time they were the only Works draw, and a lot of people were grabbing it. But hey, it's your list.

Quote:
Rooftop Rush is the name of the map. The scenario is called "Mirage" on the KS page and was upgraded to a campaign.

Indeed, I either missed that or forgot.

Quote:
And human BB&RS are supposed to come with their own cards.

You're right, the campaign does call them villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.