GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,167 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. It should be possible somehow instead of just the first player right?

What impacts would such a change have on gameplay/can anyone test it for me please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the biggest impact would be fiddliness. One ghost is bad enough, frankly. Because the decision points for the ghost are very different than for other roles, their turn takes at least as long (it's still three die rolls), and then the target of their locked die needs to spend extra time factoring the die into their decision making. Now multiply that scenario by an increasing number of ghosts. At the very least, I would say each ghost must choose a different target, but then that will get even more complex as the number of ghosts exceeds the living.

A ghost is a wrench in the gears of a player's turn. That definitely doesn't make the turn go faster.

A game of standard Bang Dice for six or seven players takes maybe 15 minutes (the expanded games seem to take about twice that). It's very unusual to be knocked out until at least mid-point. If sitting out for 7-10 minutes is too long for your players, play a different game. Compared to the Bang cardgame where you could literally be twiddling your thumbs in the elimination circle for an hour, the sideline time in this game is a heartbeat. And frankly, if your nose doesn't immediately bury in a mobile device, it's interesting enough to watch the rest of the game unfold that the time goes by quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
play samurai sword then.its the variant you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.