$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Trek: Expeditions» Forums » Rules

Subject: A handful of rules questions: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Stardate and energize cards get reshuffled when the decks run out?
2. Players cannot use an energize card to reroll a challenge attempt dice or to add points to a challenge attempt on someone else's turn? What if the player is on the same location as the active player who is attempting the challenge?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Stardate get reshuffled, energize not.

2. Not in someone´s else´s turn, doesn´t mind if he is in the same location.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you shuffle the energise deck then it's possible for the players to collect all the cards, then using the extra action cards take turns with a infinite number of actions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. That makes sense. Does it actually say in the rules which decks get reshuffled? I think we missed that.

Another question: if I have a hexagon item that adds +1 to shields, and when I discard it it gives +3 to shields, does it give me +4 to shields total the round it was discarded?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not, they are two different actions. One is +1 always to shields and the other is to discard as a last stand to get +3.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, Marc, but my question is do you get the +1 for having the token and then an ADDITIONAL +3 when discarded as a last stand, or do you only get an "additional" +2 when discarding so that the total is +3?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have always added the total +3 but now you make me hesitate...soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Blue Steel wrote:
Right, Marc, but my question is do you get the +1 for having the token and then an ADDITIONAL +3 when discarded as a last stand, or do you only get an "additional" +2 when discarding so that the total is +3?

You get +1 if you keep the token
or
You get +3 if you discard the token.

There is never a situation where you get +4 using the same token.


Wrong, wrong, wrong....

You get +1 if you keep the token
or
You get an addition +3 (for a total of +4) if you discard the token.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Blue Steel wrote:
1. Stardate and energize cards get reshuffled when the decks run out?

Have a read of the FAQ.

Nowhere in the rulebook does it state that you actually reshuffle the Energize cards. If they do run out then you do not reshuffle! You simply no longer get to pick up any more Energize cards when the deck is empty.

The original rules (as used during playtest) had this rule in place. Unfortunately, the rulebook doesn't give any clue as to what should be done when either the Stardate cards or the Energize cards run out. Clearly the Stardate cards needs to be reshuffled when they run out and therefore it might well suggest the same happens when the Energize cards run out but doing so will break the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
xris wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
Right, Marc, but my question is do you get the +1 for having the token and then an ADDITIONAL +3 when discarded as a last stand, or do you only get an "additional" +2 when discarding so that the total is +3?

You get +1 if you keep the token
or
You get +3 if you discard the token.

There is never a situation where you get +4 using the same token.


In the example on page 19 McCoy combines the two bonuses to get +4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Emperor JD wrote:
xris wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
Right, Marc, but my question is do you get the +1 for having the token and then an ADDITIONAL +3 when discarded as a last stand, or do you only get an "additional" +2 when discarding so that the total is +3?

You get +1 if you keep the token
or
You get +3 if you discard the token.

There is never a situation where you get +4 using the same token.


In the example on page 19 McCoy combines the two bonuses to get +4.

Apologies, my answer was totally incorrect. Thanks for pointing that out!

That's what I get for being lazy and not reading the rulebook myself
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.