Adrenaline» Forums » General

Subject: Can this really play well with 3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
The box says 3-5 players, but after reading the rules, it seems like a lot of the weapons will be less useful with only 3 players, and also the number of targets you have with 3 players is very few

I know theres the domination mode but hitting non moving objects just doesnt sound as fun

Does anyone have any demo experience with 3 players that they can share about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
The box says 3-5 players, but after reading the rules, it seems like a lot of the weapons will be less useful with only 3 players, and also the number of targets you have with 3 players is very few

I know theres the domination mode but hitting non moving objects just doesnt sound as fun

I'll chime in here just to say that a number of people have played the game with 3 players at various events of the last 6 months. It worked ok, but you are right that some weapons were a bit less useful. A bit, not a huge amount.

The full rules (which should be out today) include a BOT, which is recommended to be used for 3-player games. Maybe not your first learning game, but after that, sure.

Nobody at any of the big events played with the bot rules - thats not to say that they haven't been properly tested - they have - a lot. But I just wanted to say that anyone who did play this 3 player at any event were not playing the final version.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
PaulGrogan wrote:
Jion wrote:

I'll chime in here just to say that a number of people have played the game with 3 players at various events of the last 6 months. It worked ok, but you are right that some weapons were a bit less useful. A bit, not a huge amount.

The full rules (which should be out today) include a BOT, which is recommended to be used for 3-player games. Maybe not your first learning game, but after that, sure.

Nobody at any of the big events played with the bot rules - thats not to say that they haven't been properly tested - they have - a lot. But I just wanted to say that anyone who did play this 3 player at any event were not playing the final version.

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul

Thanks
I actually dont like to play with bots (or dummy players)
So i do want to know how it plays with just 3 players and not bots

So their thoughts on it would be great
Controlling a bot is rather fiddly to me and when i read the rules, it seems like the players could control the bot just so that they can damage it and gain more points rather than use it to make intelligent moves which to me is really pointless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you can play on the smaller map. That should make it a bit easier. I guess it's thematic, an FPS is more fun with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you get the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Where do you get the rules?

The rules are in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one else has done it by the time I get the game I will fiddle with making more involved bots with AI cards. I don't mind bots at all, though, and this would make the game plenty fun with one or two. You can play with 5 on the map every time if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.