Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"If any company-level subordinate units are out of the Command Span, excluding recon units, (...)."

Is it really any unit except recon?

Do the following units count:
a) eliminated
b) bailed-out
c) knocked out
d) brewed up
e) unit with Track hit
f) damaged
g) suppressed
h) hesitating
i) currently not on the mapboard
j) broken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
a) obviously not
b) obviously not
c) obviously not
d) obviously not
e) yes
f) yes
g) yes
h) yes
i) yes
j) yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
a) obviously not
b) obviously not
c) obviously not
d) obviously not
e) yes
f) yes
g) yes
h) yes
i) yes
j) yes

Jim,
Thank you for all the hard work you put into designing this game and for answering all the questions on BGG.

You have exercised for more patience with some of these questions than I would've. The rules lawyers are out in force! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yesman68 wrote:
You have exercised for more patience with some of these questions than I would've. The rules lawyers are out in force! shake

... and thankfully You are not the designer of this game I have to ask all these questions to understand how the game works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
or you could read the rules? Its a simple game, when you break it down. Over thinking, applying other rule sets, and infering what you think things should be lead to 90% of most questions.

If its your first play I understand, but otherwise move some guys. blow some stuff up and see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read the rules and I currently play this game every evening after work since Saturday. I have to ask all this questions, because the rules are not as clear as one thinks. It seems to me that a lot of gamers play as they think the rules work. It seems they don't care how the game really works. I am not such a gamer. I want to know how the game really works and I want to play, how the designer wants how the game works. So, I have to ask. If some people are not interested in rules questions, then go ahead and do something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe, and I certainly could be wrong (it happens all of the time), is that the vast majority of the questions are answered by referring to actual rule sections or by answering that if it isn't stated in the rules don't apply other game concepts or read something into the text that isn't there.

The base rules for this game (MBT) is based on Panzer, which has been out for a few years. Much honing was done prior to publishing MBT.

On the other hand, I recall one suggestion concerning the clarity concerning turret field-of-fire and Overwatch Adjust modifiers is MBT was certainly worth a consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.