Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt the game would move faster, & feel less mechanically rigid, if a player were able to divide their movement points between the members of their party. The one caveat is that once a character has moved & attacked they cannot be moved again. Also, only one character may attack during a player's turn. Guild tokens may be used to mark which characters have been moved. The Extra Turn Exploration Token only allows a player to give the owning character an extra full turn of movement & attack.

I realize this house rule nerf's Hobsbawm slightly, if each of the other party members had already been moved.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Den/das boot loose its meaning. Sometimes you must perform only 1 or 2 move, so you can range attack without payback reaction monster can't come close to you. So that means that you would just give movement to other hero, because you or don't want or just can not perform the whole movement with one hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than a whole variant, this might be the type of thing that would make a good equipment card or exhaustable hero power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Arydis4 wrote:
Rather than a whole variant, this might be the type of thing that would make a good equipment card or exhaustable hero power.

I agree. And it would be very powerful.
Many times, to be able to shoot and hide is very strong. On the other hand, come out of hiding to shoot is risky because you expose yourself. But if you can do both, than the game will become a trench game.
It is game changing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played through every card in the game yet, so it's possible the idea would need tweaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you mean by shoot and hide? Monsters always perform payback, and after that you dont need to hide anymore. And I think that hiding and range attack isn't the whole point of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
What you mean by shoot and hide? Monsters always perform payback, and after that you dont need to hide anymore. And I think that hiding and range attack isn't the whole point of game.

I think he was referring more to player vs player confrontations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorondil wrote:
Many times, to be able to shoot and hide is very strong.

This might be handy for hiding from other heroes, but monsters get their payback reaction before you can hide. Shoot and hide doesn't work on monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

I think he was referring more to player vs player confrontations.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is 66,66% of hit on melee, but only 50% on range, and the weapons are much stronger in melee. So there is not so much need to hide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have a Seth killing you in one hit, or exposing yourself to a nova or that other meteorshower spell, than it is very important to hide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then just do like my girlfriend do. Use a lot of shield and wheapons with shield. I personaly don't care about this. A little shield, reroll and ussualy get one or two skull token per main hero. At the end in whole campaign count only to kill Lord Fang and win. And if you won by hiding that is cheap win. It is dungeon crawl not hide and seek game. You fight, and sometimes die.

And after all. If there is player who will try to kill a few times per game. He will. So if you are afraid of your hero going to die a few times, yust use shields card and not the weapon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.