Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd,
I just recently discovered your Lassadar game series and went right into printing and assembling the first two chapters.

While the rulebook for SoL is multi-paged, well illustrated and clear, I am having troubles with this one. It is just one page full of text and I can't figure out the following details:

+ How does the Warden player assemble his units? He builds 4 stacks sorted by unit type and then what? Are those "4 characters" who move and fight? May he assemble mixed units? How many of them?

+ How does the movement actually work? From another thread I learned that it is one hex per movement point in any direction, correct? The rules are a bit complicated and misleading in this section. An example would surely help.

+ Does the color of the hexes have any other impact than for calculation of battle dice? I would be great if the rules contained one or two lines on that.

All together I really like the setting, visuals and the game mechanics. I think the game would benefit from a two-page rulebook and more graphical examples or a game play video to provide those details.

Thanks for sharing all those great games,

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
will make it a priority to answer you tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
my apologies, I ran out of time and I'll be away until next week. Will answer as soon as I am back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. Take your time.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

+ How does the Warden player assemble his units? He builds 4 stacks sorted by unit type and then what? Are those "4 characters" who move and fight? May he assemble mixed units? How many of them?

The units are built in sorted stacks just to organize them for easy of telling which is which when you start out. you may move any of your units, assemble mixed units yes.

+ How does the movement actually work? From another thread I learned that it is one hex per movement point in any direction, correct? The rules are a bit complicated and misleading in this section. An example would surely help.

you move units from one hex to another. if there are 1 or 2 units of yours on a hex you may move each unit up to two hexes in distance. if there are 3 units stacked on a hex, each unit moves one hex. if there are 4 or more units on a hex, you move half the total number (rounded down) one hex in distance.

+ Does the color of the hexes have any other impact than for calculation of battle dice? I would be great if the rules contained one or two lines on that.

the color of the hexes is only for calculation of battle dice yes.

in general yes the rules could be probably expanded. this was an attempt of mine to make a small footprint game in terms of printing so i wanted the rules to only take up a page. it was an earlier game and i have since gotten better at rules writing and visual examples.

i really appreciate you giving the game a go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.