Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first solo game. Won 22-16. Used the Outhouse almost every turn to avoid a fight except at the end because I wanted the Wanted card. I assume that if the rival rolls a 6 when I'm on the Outhouse, he re-rolls? Same thing if he rolls a number for a spot I'm at?

Second question: for cards like the Blacksmith, can you count one (obviously not both) of the rival's cards if it matches suit to gain 1X?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How were you able to use the outhouse every turn? Did you not build any buildings? I'm trying to think through it logistically. I'm assuming it was the porch slot of an unused playerboard that no one bought a building from.That would be the only way, since purchasing the building in the buy slot would have moved the outhouse to the buy slot at the start of the next turn. Interested to see if you managed to keep it at the porch by never purchasing from that mat and somehow the rival never purchasing from there as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
How were you able to use the outhouse every turn? Did you not build any buildings? I'm trying to think through it logistically. I'm assuming it was the porch slot of an unused playerboard that no one bought a building from.That would be the only way, since purchasing the building in the buy slot would have moved the outhouse to the buy slot at the start of the next turn. Interested to see if you managed to keep it at the porch by never purchasing from that mat and somehow the rival never purchasing from there as well.

I've done that with buildings before in solo mode. Leaving a good building usable for the entire game is handy. Since you always place first you can always use it.

What I'm wondering is. If you used the outhouse every turn. How were you able to get enough influence to buy buildings. With only one posse member bringing in good resources, I would think you'd have trouble buying anything from round to round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:

I've done that with buildings before in solo mode. Leaving a good building usable for the entire game is handy. Since you always place first you can always use it.

What I'm wondering is. If you used the outhouse every turn. How were you able to get enough influence to buy buildings. With only one posse member bringing in good resources, I would think you'd have trouble buying anything from round to round.

I did not use it EVERY turn. Maybe 4 out of 6 turns, though. That mat was the wildcard mat, so I got one free for going to the porch and usually won the pot there. I played a lot of porch spots that had nice bonuses. Plus, my character got the bonus for having buildings. Things chained together nicely. I think I was able to buy a building every turn of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.