Subject: Dungeon clearing and artifacts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Petersen
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
So, in the rules it says I can take an artifact if I roll certain colors after defeating the enemy. So I defeated and rolled a red mana die. I took the top artifact card. But, it says in the rules in parenthesis "see gaining artifacts in the revealing a monestary section".

Does this mean I can follow that rule and take the top two artifact cards and decide which one I want to keep and put the other under the artifact deck?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it means exactly that.

Have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Petersen
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To generalize: whenever an effect says "gain an Artifact", you look at the top two, put the one you want on top of your draw pile, and put the other on the bottom of the Artifact deck. Whenever an effect says "gain an Advanced Action" or "gain a Spell", pick the one you want from the appropriate offer and put it on your draw pile, slide down the ones above it in the offer, and replenish the offer. When it says that you "gain a Unit", you take a Unit from the existing Unit offer and don't replace it.

Specific effect wordings can override some of the above. Also note that when there are Advanced Actions in the Unit offer because of unburnt Monasteries on the map, you can't take them when told to "gain an Advanced Action" or "gain a Unit" - you can only buy them with Influence at a Monastery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC there is the possibility of gaining two artifacts in the same turn. In this case, you draw 3 cards and keep two.

If I'm mistaken, don't mind my statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walkthrough is meant for learning the game. After that, it's better to rely on the rules and location cards because these have information in a more consistent and precise manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
IIRC there is the possibility of gaining two artifacts in the same turn. In this case, you draw 3 cards and keep two.

You are correct. The rule is you take one more artifact than you are otherwise due, choose which one(s) you want, and return the extra to the bottom of the artifact deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
IIRC there is the possibility of gaining two artifacts in the same turn.
In fact, there is the possibility of gaining three or more artifacts in the same turn (red city). In that case, you also select the artifacts at the end of your turn, taking X+1 artifacts and returning one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake W.
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a gameplay rule where you can choose a card from the deck instead of it's offer? On a level up...? Couldn't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
diesel2sour wrote:
Isn't there a gameplay rule where you can choose a card from the deck instead of it's offer? On a level up...? Couldn't remember.

Nope.

Closest things might be the option to draw a card from the top of the deck for the green city unique influence purchase or maybe the drafting variant... but nothing that allows you to choose a card from the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake W.
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
diesel2sour wrote:

Nope.

Closest things might be the option to draw a card from the top of the deck for the green city unique influence purchase or maybe the drafting variant... but nothing that allows you to choose a card from the deck.

The green city! That's what I was thinking of. But yeh, a unique instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:

In general, whenever you gain N artifacts, draw N+1 and keep N. Multiple Artifacts may be gained:
* In a specific Ruin, guarded by a Dragon and a Dungeon Creep
* In the Red City, should you have ample influence.

In all cases, Artifacts are drawn at the end of the turn. Even when bought via Influence, contrary to other cards (if you buy a spell at a Mage Tower or an AA at a Monastery you put it immediately at the top of your deck). This is stated in the rules in order to speed up gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.