Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Smith
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Hi there,

New to the game, I have 3 base sets at the moment, Avengers vs Xmen, Ultron and Civil War.

How would you recommend I expand? By getting more dice for the cards I have or by getting new cards?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends on what you want to do. If you want a few decks that perform well, you could go out and pick up individual dice and cards from one of the shops online that sell them (or trade with friends for them.)

Alternatively, if you want options to choose from, you could do what I did -- I went looking for sets of common/uncommons on ebay. There are tons of collectors who buy packs by the case, then sell the extra commons and uncommons off as complete sets for $15-25. I did that for a couple of the sets that I had starters for and I ended up with a few dice for all of the common and uncommon cards in the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend picking up common/uncommon sets on ebay. Then pickup single rare cards on coolstuffinc.com that you want. I have an Ultron common/uncommon set if you want it for 20. Just PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both the above posters, Common/Uncommon sets are definitely the way to go for casual play, that will give you plenty of deck-building options (including 1 additional card/die for your Starter Set characters). There are plenty of competitive teams that can be built using only Starters/Commons/Uncommons, and even more if you choose to buy a few Rares or Super-Rares as singles.

If you choose to get a Gravity Feed, you can expect to have (roughly) 2 Common sets, 1 Uncommon set, half the Rares, and 1-2 Super-Rares. That gives you some more options, and you can always sell/trade away any Rares/Super-Rares you don't want. This does requires a little more cost investment (but you get the thrill of opening packs!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the help. I bought commons/uncommons for AvX from coolstuffinc. Will do research to see what else I should get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As people here say, pick up entire sets of common/uncommon on ebay, they are pretty easy to find. Then look at the different cards available and pick out individual rare cards that you might want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Villa
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Find local players at your game store in town, people who play this game often have tons of extras and are happy to give them out to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Tank
Canada
Milton
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your looking to trade or maybe folks will sell their cards/dice, you can check out the dice masters trade geek list

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/209856/dice-masters-trade...

I have some spare AvX dice and Civil War commons/uncommons, I am #8 in the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Tank
Canada
Milton
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW http://www.trollandtoad.com has 25% off DM singles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.