Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: keeping search item rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. If I find an item in the dungeon for example a potion, can I keep it for a next quest if I didn't use it. I read somewhere you can't but that just seems odd, it just dissapears in between games?

2. Not all special abilities you find on the monster cards appear in the app, don't they still count?, and only the app effects work or do the effects on the card also count?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, search deck cards are returned to the supply at the end of each quest. In non-RtL games you are required to sell them between quests, RtL just handles that aspect for you already. The game is not balanced around you being able to stockpile potions for later.

2. Depends on if the ability is passive or active. Passive abilities always apply where needed, active abilities are only used when the app tells you to. So for instance the zombie limitation of only one move action usually applies unless an activation power specifically says to ignore it. The Master's Grab action would only be used if something on the activation power or action list tells you to perform it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Wareing
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
biebeldebom wrote:
1. If I find an item in the dungeon for example a potion, can I keep it for a next quest if I didn't use it. I read somewhere you can't but that just seems odd, it just dissapears in between games?

According to this Reddit thread it's mentioned at the end of the tutorial quest, and never again. So it's no wonder people are scratching their heads...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.