Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I 'know' the rule for scoring-cards to be that you get the highest scoring option of 'Presence, Domination, Control' that you accomplish and then add +1 per battleground and +1 per Country adjacent to enemy superpower.
(Then of course you calculate the same for the other player and the score-marker is moved the difference between the two numbers).

But where in the rules does it actually state that I don't get both the Presence AND Domination scores if I win both of these?
For instance, if I both the Presence AND Domination in Asia while my opponent has neither. Where in the rules is it stated that I only get 7 points and not 3+7= 10 points for this?

I might be blind and it is very clear in the rulebook, but I couldn't find it when I tried when playing weekend. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
It doesn't say so explicitly (Sad!) but if you check out the EXAMPLE in 10.1.2 you can see that points are awarded to the USSR for Domination of Central America without also awarding for Presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mind you, you can have control without domination though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely agree that the rules of the game are that you only get the highest point value among them, however, with such a detailed rule book (each rule has its own number!) I would have expected this to be written out, not clarified in an example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necr0mancer wrote:
I definitely agree that the rules of the game are that you only get the highest point value among them, however, with such a detailed rule book (each rule has its own number!) I would have expected this to be written out, not clarified in an example.
Exactly. I think the problem would be for new players. I did the scoring wrong for the first couple of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
Necr0mancer wrote:
Exactly. I think the problem would be for new players. I did the scoring wrong for the first couple of games.
My first time playing this weekend. Tried to collect 10 points for Asia, got slammed by my opponent who has played the game before. Lots of flicking in rulebook and googling ensued. So it is in an example? Oh man, you don't put new rules in an example. soblue

Of course these types of things can be forgiven in a first printing. But how many revisions and printings have they released of this game now? More than 4 at least right? I am simply surpriseastonishedsurprise by the lack of quality-control of GMT. (yes, I am colored by how poorly they, in my view, has handled the Collector's Edition, but that's another topic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooboy, you are going to have fun with RSP and missile envy interactions, to name just the first two that come to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.