10 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Survival of the Fittest deployment. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
In our translation it is not clear the Mission Setup.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It says something like "Hero and Echo Trooper deploy divided as evenly as possible between the blue points"

We are 4 Heroes + Hoth Trooper.

What should be the right Deployment?

- 3 Heros (3 figures) in a Blut Point and 1 Hero + Hoth Trooper on ther Other (3 Figures)? Same number of figures, but uneven heroes

- 2 Heroes on a Blue point (2 Figures) and 2 Heroes on the other + Hoth Trooper? (4 Figures). Same number of Heroes, but uneven figures.

Thank you!

Quote:
"Paul Winchester wrote:
The intent of the deployment in “Imperial Entanglements” is that the heroes may deploy their own figures. Allies are also deployed to the blue points and should be included in the calculations for “as evenly as possible.” Since the troopers cannot be split up, they should be considered as 1 group (so if there were 3 heroes, one blue point would have 2 heroes and the other would have 1 hero and the rebel troopers)."

But with 4 heroes?

Edit (x3): I'm not good with quotes and spoilers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
With 4 heroes one blue point will have 2 groups and the other will have 3 groups. So, either
a) 2 heroes = 2 groups + 2 heroes and ally (whether one figure or more) = 3 groups
b) 3 heroes = 3 groups + 1 hero and ally (whether one figure or more) = 2 groups
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
As you already quoted, allies are counted like heroes for deploying as evenly as possible. Since in this case you have four heroes and two ally figures, you need to have three figures at each deployment spot for even distribution. As the allies cannot be split up, the OP's first scenario is the only possible way. Three heroes at one spot and one hero and two allies at the other is the only way you can deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at what Paul says, you don't count the figures, you count the groups. So 2 heroes (2 groups) in one and 2 heroes (2 groups) and an ally of 2 figures in another (3 groups) is fine.

It is of course also possible to have yourself use a stricter division, because 3 heroes in one and 1 hero with the 2-figure ally group is also valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking at what Paul wrote, I read the "stricter" division. I guess it's all semantics, but when my group played through, we didn't even blink an eye accepting that interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
Thank you!

Is it ok the following scenario?

The Best 3 heroes (let's call them Team A) are deployment on the Wampa Side. 1 Hero and Echo Troopers on the other Blue Point. (Team B)

Team A is closer to the Objective Tile, and does all on their own, while Team B engages Imperial Forces, but team B doesn't go to the objective Tiles, making impossible the escape for the Elite Wampa, since there are missing tiles.
And the Imperial Forces that are engaging Team B can't help Elite Wampa and combat Team A.

Is that Correct? Wouldn't it be too easy for Rebels?

Sorry, It's Hard to explain without a screen of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What objective tile? Only the shaded part of the map is visible, so the rebels have no knowledge where the named tiles are until they are revealed.

And the rebels choose the division between the points themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Rachi might have missed the rule that the Cavern and Cave are connected.

If that rule is ignored, then there is no way to get to the Wampa's tile from the right deployment point. That would make the entire post make sense, I think.

So the solution here was ensuring you read the rule that stated:
Survival of the Fittest wrote:
The walls on the Cavern and Cave between the spaces containing difficult terrain do not block movement, line of sight, adjacency, or counting spaces, even if one tile has not yet been placed in the map.

That makes the objective tile (the Wampa's tile) accessible from both sides.

Edit: On second thought, perhaps that was discussion of Team B intentionally never going to the Cave and thus trying to cheese the Mission by just having Team A kill the Wampa and revive the survivor... The post was so long ago we may never know.

The Imperial strategy against that is they must wound all of Team A as quickly as possible before bothering with team B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:

The post was so long ago we may never know.

I'm Here!

Clipper wrote:

Edit: On second thought, perhaps that was discussion of Team B intentionally never going to the Cave and thus trying to cheese the Mission by just having Team A kill the Wampa and revive the survivor... the post was so long ago we may never know.

The Imperial strategy against that is they must wound all of Team A as quickly as possible before bothering with team B.

I meant exactly this!

If rebels have already played mission, they already know everything about the map ,and they can play with just the 3 strongest hero on one side of the map (Team A) to reach the Cave, ignoring the other side with the weakest hero + echo trooper (Team B). On this way, Imperial troops against Team B will never be able to reach the Cave.
Sorry for my english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replaying the hidden map missions is problematic - and can easily become really unfun.

I would house-rule that the imperial player may change any of the missions with obscured tiles if the rebels have played the mission before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.