Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

In working on the next expansion, I've been testing out this variant that increases the overall difficulty. Personally, I like how it feels and makes the games much more difficult (and stressful!).

Basically, I've increased the penalty to armour reduction for allowing enemies to get behind you.
The is purely experimental at this stage and if you are willing, I'd really be grateful for as many people to test this out as possible and let me know if increases the tension in the game without making it frustrating.

Here's a diagram

I look forward to hearing of your experiences!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like MadCat to me laugh
MadCat has weak back armor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paper 'Mech MadCat mode it is then laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can add another layer of content where different mech models comes in whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jupiter999 wrote:
Maybe you can add another layer of content where different mech models comes in whistle

This may be a thing in the upcoming expansion, Paper 'Mech: Frontline.

I'm working on the base mechanics at the moment but I definitely want to try out different 'mech chassis. The problem this presents is that if a player wants to change chassis at some point during the game, they would need to switch to a new sheet. It may be fine to do that but I don't want to make it feel clunky.

Ideas are:
Standard 'mech (as current printed sheet but with the armour changes above).
Scout 'mech - lighter max payload, lighter rear armour, faster on the map. Possibly some sort of bonus to reduce T values on certain weapons.
Heavy 'mech - better base armour to torso and legs. Higher max payload. Less of a penalty to armour when attacked from the rear. Slower on the map.

Just ideas at this stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.