Mirko Cano
France
Nice
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

We played the second edition for the first time and we were puzzled that they only added one "10" token for the market phase for whenever you have more than 10 chickens, apples and so on. What if you have 20? Besides there is only one token for each type so other players who pass the 10 barrier get nothing, so we had to use pencil and paper to mark this.

Was it so hard to print some additional tokens?

Anyway, a small annoyance for a great game!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this many, many times and no one has ever gone over 10 of an item, never mind 20!

How many players are you playing with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mirkocano wrote:
Hello all,

We played the second edition for the first time and we were puzzled that they only added one "10" token for the market phase for whenever you have more than 10 chickens, apples and so on. What if you have 20? Besides there is only one token for each type so other players who pass the 10 barrier get nothing, so we had to use pencil and paper to mark this.

Was it so hard to print some additional tokens?

Anyway, a small annoyance for a great game!


You're not gaining the market resources each round, are you? It's meant to be just a tracker for how many you have showing. Just making sure you're playing it right. It's pretty difficult for two people to have more than 10.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Cano
France
Nice
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
mirkocano wrote:
Hello all,

We played the second edition for the first time and we were puzzled that they only added one "10" token for the market phase for whenever you have more than 10 chickens, apples and so on. What if you have 20? Besides there is only one token for each type so other players who pass the 10 barrier get nothing, so we had to use pencil and paper to mark this.

Was it so hard to print some additional tokens?

Anyway, a small annoyance for a great game!


You're not gaining the market resources each round, are you? It's meant to be just a tracker for how many you have showing. Just making sure you're playing it right. It's pretty difficult for two people to have more than 10.


Oh! you're right! I was playing the game wrongly! I thought that like the other phases I had to count all the market resources every time.
This makes more sense.
Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chickens and apples?

I guess there were some rules changes in the new edition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Chickens and apples?

I guess there were some rules changes in the new edition.


2nd edition added the Market to accommodate 5 players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
2nd edition added the Market to accommodate 5 players.


One of the old expansions added 5th player rules, but it seemed like they were trying to force something that didn't really fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
ayejae wrote:
2nd edition added the Market to accommodate 5 players.


One of the old expansions added 5th player rules, but it seemed like they were trying to force something that didn't really fit.


Interesting. Well, imo Market module works very well, and adds an extra dimension that feels natural.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Market addition and 5th player work very well and the Market adds another layer to the game. I wouldn't play without it now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.