7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Which Pathfinder game would u reccommended mě? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, Im deciding between říše of the runelords And skull And shackles, I need advice, pros And cons...why..etc

Thnx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a new convert to Pathfinder, and I absolutely love it. I should probably not speak as others know the game better than me but, as a fellow newbie, I can tell you that I'm glad I have both. Having said that, I'm happy that I started with Runelords primarily because it's marginally simpler and more straight-forward than Shackles. Not that the second one is complex in any way but, when I was learning, the fewer things that could go wrong the better. (And bear in mind I love Sentinels of the Multiverse, which is WAY more fiddly than this).

Ultimately, there's not a great deal of difference. Shackles has ships, which change things slightly, but not to any great degree. I'd go with Runelords. If you like it, you'll buy them all anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hayward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rise of the Runelords is probably the most straight-forward jupming in point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done both of those.

Skulls is slightly more coherent and theme due to the pirateyness of everything. Runelords is a bit more straightforward, but by the same token, a bit more repetitious. There's more variety in scenario win conditions in Shackles.

I'd give a slight edge to Shackles if you're only playing one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy whatever's on sale!

Also, try the app.

Dunno about international shipping, but Barnes and Noble has some of the Wrath of the Righteous expansions at 1/2 off. Further 20% off one item with BNFRIEND.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/pathfinder+card?_requestid=1...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/coupons-deals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick the one that is most thematically interesting. They are essentially flavors at the ice cream shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
I'm a new convert to Pathfinder, and I absolutely love it.
To balance this: If there's one game I absolutely regret having bought in the last couple of years, it's the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

If you are absolutely sure you want to get this dud, you should get Shackles, because it's supposedly marginally more interesting than the utterly boring sameness that is Runelords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.