Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tomble Heroic Feat vs Blood Bargaining rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
First of all, I apologize if some other rule can resolve this and I don't know about it.

A situation that came up today:
(1)Tomble activates heroic feat, leaving the map.
(2)Overlord uses Blood Bargaining.
(3)Tomble's assigned monster suffers enough damage for Tomble to be knocked out.
(All in the same round, of course.)

How we decided to resolve it (after rereading the "Defeated" section of the rulebook): Tomble suffers the damage as normal. At the start of his next turn, Tomble returns to the map within 4 spaces of his hero token, as per his heroic feat, then is immediately defeated (due to suffering damage equal to his health).

So, without further ado:
Question 1: Does Tomble, who is not on the map, suffer damage from Blood Bargaining?
Question 2: If yes to Question 1, then what happens after Tomble suffers damage equal to his health while not on the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Hero tokens are not Heroes, so aren't able to be targeted or effected by anything that hits Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

It seems to me that Blood Bargaining simply makes the hero suffer damage, which does not relate to the hero token Tomble leaves on the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cesspit wrote:
Pretty sure Hero tokens are not Heroes, so aren't able to be targeted or effected by anything that hits Heroes.
This is the correct answer. While Tomble is not on the map, the OL cannot choose to target him with the card (that is, if the card were played while Tomble was already off the map, the OL would not take one of Tomble's tokens to assign to a monster).

But what about if Blood Bargaining was played and THEN Tomble left the map later that round?

Question 1: Does Tomble, who is not on the map, suffer damage from Blood Bargaining?

Yes, I think he would.

Question 2: If yes to Question 1, then what happens after Tomble suffers damage equal to his health while not on the map.

Tomble would be defeated as normal. The current location of his hero token would be where he'd need to stand up/ be revived/ healed/ etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zaltyre wrote:
Cesspit wrote:
This is the correct answer. While Tomble is not on the map, the OL cannot choose to target him with the card (that is, if the card were played while Tomble was already off the map, the OL would not take one of Tomble's tokens to assign to a monster).

But what about if Blood Bargaining was played and THEN Tomble left the map later that round?

Yes, I think he would.

Question 2: If yes to Question 1, then what happens after Tomble suffers damage equal to his health while not on the map.

Tomble would be defeated as normal. The current location of his hero token would be where he'd need to stand up/ be revived/ healed/ etc.

Best Reply.+1.

I love playing T-Bomb, but never have OL players to play with when I choose a hero (app).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Understood. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.