Barony: Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Will the 5 player work for just Barony? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mechanical Gamer

London
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title - can we add a 5th player to Barony without using the magic? I guess the board would be a little small?

Thanks, have this preordered for Essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could score for presence for magical places but ignore the spells... there are additional tiles, but frankly try to play with Magic. For experienced players it really enhances the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mechanical Gamer

London
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks.

The only reason I ask is because I have preordered both B and B:S for Essen, so won't have played the base game but there will be 5 of us.

But cool, will just try to play with magic first time through.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic first time is totally feasible but may feel like you have less control (which is just due to many parameters). Could be a little bit overwhelming for some players, could be totally fine.
For new gamers I'd suggest to ignore the Spells for the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mechanical Gamer

London
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Garcia
United States
Miami Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
"When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you" ― Friedrich Nietzsche
badge
“We are a way for the universe to know itself.” ― Carl Sagan
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
You could score for presence for magical places but ignore the spells... there are additional tiles, but frankly try to play with Magic. For experienced players it really enhances the game.

Arnaud. When will this be available in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 2-3 months... depending on Transport mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Stülpner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way two questions.

1. Will the expansion multilangual again? The owners (sold out in Essen) will perhaps repeat?

2. The 9 cards in the expansion look like this or are more coherent to the basic game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stilp wrote:
By the way two questions.

1. Will the expansion multilangual again? The owners (sold out in Essen) will perhaps repeat?

2. The 9 cards in the expansion look like this or are more coherent to the basic game?

Hello,

Multilingual.
The pictures just show the special locations, the other 2 hexagons are standard (similar to base game).

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rose
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was wondering if anyone who had played has tried pretending the magic tiles are mountains, plains, fields, or water for new players. The idea being to not use magic and overwhelm new players but also not have dead tiles.
I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
The expansion is the reason I purchased the base game. So now I have both on my way, up to five players means a lot to me and I love hearing that official word is that I can avoid it on my tutorial game if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagRes wrote:
I was wondering if anyone who had played has tried pretending the magic tiles are mountains, plains, fields, or water for new players. The idea being to not use magic and overwhelm new players but also not have dead tiles.
I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions on this?

Hello,

Just considering them mountain territories will work.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.