Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first solitaire game on my new pnp copy and was left wondering what kind of score I should be expecting once I've learned the game a bit better...managed a 47 to beat the bot's 43, but I really felt I was losing the whole game as I watched the bot take building after building...fortunately it only got one set of materials and never scored the workers as it never grabbed a genius...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it once on Tabletopia, against a human opponent. I lost big, but I was mostly trying to understand the game. He has played it a number of times though, and his score was in the forties as well, if I remember correctly. I guess that doesn't necessarily say much about what a "good" solo score is though.

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to comment was that I very much got the impression that this is the kind of game where all players will pretty much feel like everything is going really bad the whole time, even if they end up winning in the end. You have too little of everything, too few worker placement spots, the anomalies and paradoxes are just adding up, and everything feels like the world is coming to an end. Which, in the game, it is.

The thing is, everyone else is playing under the same conditions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo play is not comparable to regular one.

My last Solo experience: I lost 37 to 53 (during beta, there may be slight changes since then, the time before that I lost worse). Others beat the bot 70 to 50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
Solo play is not comparable to regular one.

My last Solo experience: I lost 37 to 53 (during beta, there may be slight changes since then, the time before that I lost worse). Others beat the bot 70 to 50.

Agreed - the end game goal scoring is not present in the solitaire game among other things. That said I appreciated the response for reference when I play it multiplayer at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.