Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Birx is very small town in Thuringia. We stayed there with some friends for a hiking week-end. They did not like Bohnanza (How dare you!), so we mostly played King of Tokyo.
I don't own the expansion (Power Up) yet. As soon as it is available in 2nd edition, I'll but it and maybe some flaws of the basic game are removed anyway.
After 10+ games we changed some rules (inspired by ideas from other users as well) because it was less interesting and everbody had found out that turtling is a good strategy.

- Give each player n cubes for his position after the starting player (0,1,2,3 cubes for 4 players) => relativises the starting advantage
- reveal 4 (or 5 cards) => Viel hilft viel! = More is better!
- Give at least 1 (or maybe 2) cards to all players (worth 3 or 4) to all players. => If everyone has cards from the beginning, it is more difficult for turtles and more interesting as you can try to build up a card strategy. We did not allow the starting player to use it/them the first turn.

No real innovation - just a combo of rule adjustments that worked fine for us.

PS:
I think that the The Dacker's Double Dose of Energy Variant looks interesting (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/821635/thedackers-double-do...).
Removing player elimination from the game is a bad idea from my point of view. Non-planning attackers are rewarded too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.