United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the BGG Weight Loss Challenge - Summer Edition - 2016, Mayday Games decided to take it upon themselves to offer up two of their games to the top three finishers of the challenge! It was an incredible show of generosity and goodwill and really fostered a great healthy, competitive atmosphere.

Staying true to their word, each of the top three finishers in the competition got copies of:

Dead Man's Draw
and
Garbage Day!

They even sent me a box of goodies as well for running the challenge.

Amazing generosity from a fantastic company!

So thank you,

Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for setting the bar so high.

-Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am super happy for you. That is very generous of them.

I've actually had very poor customer service from Mayday Games. I haven't heard a word from them since April...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, come on now. Surely that's playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Kauk wrote:

I've actually had very poor customer service from Mayday Games. I haven't heard a word from them since April...

Yikes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Kauk wrote:

I imagined they were horrified. Can you at least mark it NSFW -- I can only take in so much gore per day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I come back to this thread I'm even more surprised at how jacked up that box is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Kauk wrote:

Jesus Christ. That's so bad; it almost looks intentional. They must really hate you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Mosaic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday is incredible all right, but not for generosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this didn't go how I intended...

I've had one great dealing with them, and it's been this. They were very generous in giving away 8+ games for free, just because they liked the weight loss initiative. They didn't have to do that. I didn't solicit them. They did it all on their own, and I was/am very surprised by the generosity they showed.

thumbsup from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir, this is the internet. Nothing ever goes the way you intend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Sir, this is the internet. Nothing ever goes the way you intend.

Truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good on ya for trying, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me just chime in late to say that is an awesome gesture from them. Even more incredible if they did it unsolicited!

Too bad there are some that have had less then optimum (or poor) experiences with them. Semms like an opportunity for them here to turn that around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have let our customer service team know about Todd's very, very damaged copy of Viceroy. Of course it didn't leave us that way but we are sorry it arrived so badly damaged. Look for a message from Curt if he can find you in our records, or better still just reach out to him at support@maydaygames.com or open up a ticket on Maydaygames.com for any and all customer service needs.

About the generosity for the Weight Loss Challenge, let me just say that I was planning on not just donating to the winners but actually participating heavily (no pun intended) in the challenge myself as I could stand to lose some weight and thought it would be a good motivational way to do so. My summer looked bright and I added a bunch of fellow participants on FitBit too, I was stoked!

Unfortunately about 2 weeks after the start of the challenge my wife was diagnosed with some very serious health issues (yep, cancer) and my priorities and entire life changed very suddenly. Some of you may have heard that we have been living in China for the last 5 years (my wife and 3 kids and I), well we opted to move back to the USA for her 5 month chemo treatment and at least two operations. The summer was spent in a much different manner trying to relocate our family, find a car and a house (still working on the house), and generally freaking out.

Anyway, I am still just as heavy as ever but so grateful for the OP and his note of thanks. I really hope you enjoy the games, but that is a small thing compared to the results you achieved, my hat is off to you!

Seth
Mayday Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
I have let our customer service team know about Todd's very, very damaged copy of Viceroy. Of course it didn't leave us that way but we are sorry it arrived so badly damaged. Look for a message from Curt if he can find you in our records, or better still just reach out to him at support@maydaygames.com or open up a ticket on Maydaygames.com for any and all customer service needs.

About the generosity for the Weight Loss Challenge, let me just say that I was planning on not just donating to the winners but actually participating heavily (no pun intended) in the challenge myself as I could stand to lose some weight and thought it would be a good motivational way to do so. My summer looked bright and I added a bunch of fellow participants on FitBit too, I was stoked!

Unfortunately about 2 weeks after the start of the challenge my wife was diagnosed with some very serious health issues (yep, cancer) and my priorities and entire life changed very suddenly. Some of you may have heard that we have been living in China for the last 5 years (my wife and 3 kids and I), well we opted to move back to the USA for her 5 month chemo treatment and at least two operations. The summer was spent in a much different manner trying to relocate our family, find a car and a house (still working on the house), and generally freaking out.

Anyway, I am still just as heavy as ever but so grateful for the OP and his note of thanks. I really hope you enjoy the games, but that is a small thing compared to the results you achieved, my hat is off to you!

Seth
Mayday Games

Seth, as someone who knows all too well the awfulness that is cancer, my heart goes out to you and your family. Hopefully the chemo treatments and surgeries have seen good outcomes. Hang in there. It's a long road, but will bring you closer in a way you could have never imagined.

Thanks again. You are a great guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.