Luke the Great
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed on the images here in BGG that all neutral garrison tokens on the map have 0 defence. In our last (and first) game we used garrison tokens with some defense for Houses that are not in the game. For example in the house region of Martell there was a token with some defence.

Have we played it wrong? Does all garrison tokens should be without an defence? If yes, then what's the point of placing them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
They provide two points of defense, what images are you talking about?

Edit: Oh, you mean the neutral force tokens (garrison tokens are the ones in player home areas). Page 5 of the rules specify to use the 3 player setup (neutral force tokens are impassible), except no token on Storm's End, and tokens on King's Landing and The Eyrie are treated like garrison tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
So the ~ means the region is impassible, not a defense of 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke the Great
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
So the ~ means the region is impassible, not a defense of 0.

The WHAT? Impassable? So you can't even enter such area? I guess I missed a whole section in the rules somehow...

Thanks!

PS. The group enjoyed this learning game anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you missed

In base, if I remember correctly, you have disabled ares with less than 5 players.
Similarly here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.