13 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Is there a lightsaber in the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kelly
Australia
flag msg tools
So I played my first game and one of the players excitedly picked the Jedi character Diala Passil. But the weapon she starts with isn't a light Sabre, and looking through the cards we couldn't find one.

Is there one in the game, or have we missed somehing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think there is a lightsaber in the core which is a reward card for completing diala's red mission so check the reward cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
i think there is a lightsaber in the core which is a reward card for completing diala's red mission

Yes, the reward for Diala's character specific mission is a light saber. (no spoiler as the reward deck is open information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, it's not in the Equipment deck or Diala's class deck- it's in the Reward Deck.

There are two other lightsabers in the expansions so far. (spoilers, in case some people don't want to know)
Spoiler (click to reveal)

One is in Davith's class deck, so only he can get it (but he's pretty much guaranteed to get it at some point, if the player wants it). The other, Ancient Lightsaber, comes with the Obi Wan ally pack, and it DOES go into the item deck. So, if you're wanting to make it even more likely Diala will get a saber, you might want to check out the Obi Wan pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
As others have said, her lightsaber is in the reward pack.

However, there is Force Pike in the tier 3 items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kelly
Australia
flag msg tools
Thats good to know. I may pick that up.'

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kelly
Australia
flag msg tools
Ah. Fantastic. I didn't think there could possibly be NO Lightsabre. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lightsaber, but just as cool is the Electrostaff in the Grand Inquisitor's villain pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Not a lightsaber, but just as cool is the Electrostaff in the Grand Inquisitor's villain pack.

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch. Honestly, I think I enjoyed the Wave 7 trio even more than what we got in The Bespin Gambit. It just seemed to have more character, to me.

But yeah, with all expansions and figure packs, your heroes will have quite a nice selection to pick from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there's no lightsaber in the box. Just cards, cardboard tokens, and plastic miniatures.

FFG will probably release a second edition of IA with an actual working lightsaber at some point down the road, but only after you have spent a ton of money buying all the first edition stuff (which of course won't be compatible with the new "lightsaber edition") devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kelly
Australia
flag msg tools
They better put an age warning on the box then. we don't need more younglings with their arms all chopped off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Saxonwulf wrote:
They better put an age warning on the box then. we don't need more younglings with their arms all chopped off.

Pffft, as if there were any younglings left...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
Saxonwulf wrote:

Pffft, as if there were any younglings left...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.