Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I tried looking for this answer and can't seem to find it. Under a user's contributions, there is the Thumbs-up Section. Everything seems to be self-explanatory but the "Replies" category. What is this? Replies to forums? Replies to GeekLists (which would be the same as GeekList comments and located by the rest of the geeklist thumbs I would think)?

I have tried to correlate it with users you have a number here (I am showing 0) but still can't find a connection. How do you get thumbs scored under "Relpies"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Thumbs-up Replies???
Hmmmm. I have 14. Damned if I know what they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, it was edited in our profile pages to be: "Replies to Threads."

However, it is still not counting any of mine. I am still at zero while I know I have quite a few. For others that do have a number there, it still doesn't seem to correlate to their thumbs count either. What is this mystery number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also noticed that the thumbs-ups I have earned for replies don't seem to tabulate at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Johnson
United States
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here-- I'm wondering if you only get them when you reply in threads you've started yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
wererat wrote:
Same here-- I'm wondering if you only get them when you reply in threads you've started yourself?

I looked into that and I don't think that is the case. I have received thumbs in each of these 3 situations:
1) When my first post gets thumbs while the thread gets thumbs also
2) When I get thumbs in subsequent posts I started
3) When I get thumbs in posts on threads I don't start.

I guess the only one I haven't checked is when I start a thread that gets no thumbs but the original post gets thumbs. That might be what it is trying to calculate. - for those that felt they got ripped off that their origianl post got thumbs but not the thread itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the number of times you replied to threads. Everytime you reply, you should see the thread show up in the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wererat wrote:

I checked and no, it doesn't count if you started a thread. If, on the other hand, you replied on the thread you started then the title of that thread will show up a number of times you made a reply on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of confusing...

For whatever reason, though, it is not counting thumbs I get which fall into Brian's #3 option above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I haven't gotten any thumbs tallied on my summary sheet for any of the above cases. But under each of the 3 cases, I have recevied thumbs in the threads/posts.

I found one in what I consider the 4th category:

4) I started a thread that has no thumbs, but the original post in that thread does have one.

So I have now looked into what I can see is every possible situation of a "Reply to Thread" and have thmubs in each of this unique cases but still no thumb tally on the summary sheet.

So the mystery remains - What does "Reply to Threads" actually tally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is a bug also.
I have 20 thumbs that aren't counted in my contribution page.
All are replies on the topic of someone else.

Not that it matters a great deal. But it would be nice to see this fixed.
Or have a word on it from the man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well that was anti-climatic! Thumbs work now for under the category "Reply to Threads!"

After being resigned to the fact all my witty comments would never be tallied, I just watched my "real" thumbs inch towards a 1,000. I was hoping to see that I surpassed 900 this morning and would be less than a 100 away from a yellow meeple. When I click on my profile, I see 1400+ and think I am in the wrong place! I had accumulated over 500 thumbs in comments alone! So it was a bit anti-climatic. But don't get me wrong, I am glad they are there and finally working.

Thanks Aldie!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly related: When I looked at my "Contributions" page earlier today, I was surprised to see my thumbs count had suddenly jumbed by about forty. Looking at the breakdown, it seems what has happened is that I've gotten back thumbs from deleted threads and geeklist entries. Was that supposed to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it seems fixed.

thanks aldie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.