GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rulebook Quests(ions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there I just got my copy of the game.

1 quick question that the rulebook does not answer.
The Quest are stand alone or part of a Campaign?
do characters keep their experience, items, etc in the next mission?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rulebook Quests
No, you start from scratch each mission, the only character progression is within the context of each single mission (moving from blue to yellow to orange, etc).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rulebook Quests
Bummer.. that sucks a little. Is there a Campaign?
I read somewhere that there is a kickstarter Campaign is this public or only for the Kickstarters?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rulebook Quests
fitsou wrote:
Bummer.. that sucks a little. Is there a Campaign?
I read somewhere that there is a kickstarter Campaign is this public or only for the Kickstarters?

There is no reason you couldn't just move onto a new map while keeping stats and equipment the same. Most would find that doing that would really reduce the tension and fun factor. You'd just be fighting with little problem solving.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rulebook Quests
go to www.zombicide.com, select black plague and then game stuff- quests
there you can download all the extra quests for black plague which includes the 2 campaigns
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rulebook Quests
Yesterday (all my troubles seemed so far away) we played our first 2 quest.
Both from the rule book.

and as usually we came up in a few bumps..

1. Spawn Step
1a. What happend when you draw Double Spawn in the last Spawn token on the map? you draw 1 or 2 cards on the initial Spawn Token? Some of our players saw it like this: "the Card says that we must spawn 2 cards on the next new Spawn token if a Spawn token have been used we must draw 1 card".
2b. We draw a card that says that we must spawn X amount of zombies and we have X-1 available at the time, what do we do? spawn X-1 and thats it or we spawn and we activate those kind of zombies once as the rules say?

2. Food/Water (and items that award exp in general)
when those card take effect? when we draw them or when use take the Reorganize/Trade Action?
further more can we trade those items?

3. Doors or/and Vault Doors can be closed if a character use a door action?

and maybe more questions will come soon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fitsou wrote:
1a. What happend when you draw Double Spawn in the last Spawn token on the map? you draw 1 or 2 cards on the initial Spawn Token? Some of our players saw it like this: "the Card says that we must spawn 2 cards on the next new Spawn token if a Spawn token have been used we must draw 1 card".

You draw two cards on the first Zone in the sequence. Double Spawn cards always result in two cards in the next Zone, regardless of whether you've spawned in that Zone before or not.

Quote:
2b. We draw a card that says that we must spawn X amount of zombies and we have X-1 available at the time, what do we do? spawn X-1 and thats it or we spawn and we activate those kind of zombies once as the rules say?

You follow the rules on p28 which, as you say, tell you to spawn as many as you can and then give all the Zombies of that type an extra Activation.

Quote:
2. Food/Water (and items that award exp in general)
when those card take effect? when we draw them or when use take the Reorganize/Trade Action?
further more can we trade those items?

These are Equipment cards that have an effect when you choose to discard them. You do not need to spend an action to use them, you can just choose to discard them during your turn. You are never forced to use them. Thus, they can be traded the same as any other Equipment card.

Quote:
3. Doors or/and Vault Doors can be closed if a character use a door action?

No. Only Survivors with the 'Lock It Down' Skill are able to close doors, and that Skill is very rare. The Action you use to open doors is actually the 'Open a Door' Action; it only opens them, never closing them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.