Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook it says that you give MaXXimilian his three home dice when starting the game.

Is my understanding correct that MaXXimilian only gets an era card on his turn? So you don't have to roll dice for him right? Or do you still have to roll his traveling dice to then be replaced with yours at the end of the turn?

I'm just not sure how the dice work with the opponent in the solo version.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

You only throw the 3 dice for him at the beginning of the game.
After that those dice are only needed if you wanna exchange one of your die against one of the home dice of Maxximilian.

Maxximilian only gets one era card and doesn't roll any dice.

Greetings
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Game looks great, just pre-ordered it (and Peloponnes the Card Game) for Essen pick up. Yey!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great indeed, and the solo too is quite fun.

I'm starting to consider if there are ways to increase the difficulty for the solo variant. So far the only thing I could come up with is to count fame group set points for MaXXimilian as well.

Also, I have a question: when the Heroism card is on the far right side of the board and MaXXimilian gets to take a card, do you take the one before Heroism and leave Heroism there in 5th place? Or do you remove Heroism after that?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Claudio,

if you think, the solo version is not difficult enough you also can count the fame group for Maxximilian as well - good idea!

If the heroism card reached the far most right spot, it will remain and Maxximilian will get the one to the left of the heroism card.

The heroism card is only removed out od the game, if you are buying no card!

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
I'm starting to consider if there are ways to increase the difficulty for the solo variant. So far the only thing I could come up with is to count fame group set points for MaXXimilian as well.

Strictly speaking, since Maxximillian never taps a card, he can't ever qualify for a fame group in the way a human player can (since tapping a card is one of the requirements).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
Strictly speaking, since Maxximillian never taps a card, he can't ever qualify for a fame group in the way a human player can (since tapping a card is one of the requirements).

Indeed, but I just count the army icons Maxximillian gathered from his cards and add the fame points even if he doesn't tap any card.

Also, I'm using a die to select which card he takes every turn to add some more randomness to the solo variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I only just started playing this game with a few solo games last night. Do you really find the solo game that easy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not super easy but I only lost the first game, after that it's been win after win (with gradually higher points differences). I think that having Maxximilian only pick up the rightmost card makes it to easy for you to plan how to not give him much strength, so I think using the die to select the era card he takes is a good way to add some randomness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, you must share some tips with me some time. I'm finding the solo game extremely difficult. Maxximillian just races ahead in strength and even if I try really hard to just get him to pick up purple equipment cards, I find it hard to build up in time before the hero card comes out, at which time my strength counts for nothing and he will have more equipment/leader cards in play.

I enjoy it though; I've just got to work on developing my strategy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having said that, the next solo game I had I completely smashed it!

I didn't think I was going to manage to form a fame group because I had been giving all the equipment cards to Maxx but then one came up right near the end and I snatched that for a decisive victory. Let's just say that I am entitled to add "The Great" to my name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
Having said that, the next solo game I had I completely smashed it!

I didn't think I was going to manage to form a fame group because I had been giving all the equipment cards to Maxx but then one came up right near the end and I snatched that for a decisive victory. Let's just say that I am entitled to add "The Great" to my name...

Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now, I've won several games in a row and by a big margin.

Seems to me that as long as you can at least conquer one territory from Maxx and establish a fame group, it's hard not to completely thrash him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.