Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Z War One: Damnation» Forums » General

Subject: Kneecap perk - when is it useful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says: "Hero may convert any aimed shot resulting in a kill to a knockdown (free action costs 0 ammo)"

What would be a good situation to use the perk (to revert a kill to knockdown)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
It says: "Hero may convert any aimed shot resulting in a kill to a knockdown (free action costs 0 ammo)"

What would be a good situation to use the perk (to revert a kill to knockdown)?


A few ways:-

Will block other infected, out of sight or smell range, they will just pile up behind . Charging ones will also be blocked if not enough movement to clear knockdown infected.
Piling up infected for explosive attack.

One shot can block exit or entry to room or two shots at two zombies could block some corridors. .


Stopping infected needing more than one kill and making them vulnerable to execution.


Zombie can't act until next turn

If near hero with non ballistic weapon or kerb stomp ability they can then be executed.

Doesn't cost an action.
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris 34
Greece
Zevgolatio
Corinth
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you for this post and for this information .laugh
I was playing it wrong, I thought that zombies can move over the knockdown ones....Ok its very very usefull
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Jerry: Thanks for the quick reply

To Chris:
Yes they can move over knocked ones but only if they have enough movement points left to pass them (there can never be two figures on the same space unless they are grappling).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris 34
Greece
Zevgolatio
Corinth
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok now I think I understand it .
So its on your best interest to knock out a zombie when the others are far behind at least 3 squares , or if they are far from seen you , or smell you .
question : If it is adjacent to you and you knockout it and there is no other free square around you , can any other zombie try to charge and grab you , or they are blocked ???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.

I would say they cannot charge you. They are blocked, because if the charge fails that you cannot place the zombie adjacent to you as there is no space available.

Then I have one question:

"What if you are in a grapple with a zombie and there is no free space adjacent to you. Can you do a sweep action?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris 34
Greece
Zevgolatio
Corinth
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that's interesting , what can you do then? Probably you can only shot at the zombies that are in grapple with you .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris 34 wrote:
Ah ok now I think I understand it .
So its on your best interest to knock out a zombie when the others are far behind at least 3 squares , or if they are far from seen you , or smell you .
question : If it is adjacent to you and you knockout it and there is no other free square around you , can any other zombie try to charge and grab you , or they are blocked ???



In normal movement an infected will take the shortest route, they effectively shuffle behind each other.

They will not move cthrtough each other or take alternative route.
Rules Page 9 wrote:
If an infected unit’s path is blocked by something (e.g. another infected unit) they will not seek an alternative route, they will simply move as far forward as they can that turn and stop.



If charging then they will go through other infected. So they need to have enough movement points left to do so. You can shoot at them as they move through and again as they move into the clear square.


Rules Page 10 wrote:
Charging infected will move through squares containing other infected units (either stood up or prone), providing that they have enough movement to reach the square after the one containing the other infected unit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mb
Starman54 wrote:
chris 34 wrote:
Ah ok now I think I understand it .
So its on your best interest to knock out a zombie when the others are far behind at least 3 squares , or if they are far from seen you , or smell you .
question : If it is adjacent to you and you knockout it and there is no other free square around you , can any other zombie try to charge and grab you , or they are blocked ???



In normal movement an infected will take the shortest route, they effectively shuffle behind each other.

They will not move cthrtough each other or take alternative route.
Rules Page 9 wrote:
If an infected unit’s path is blocked by something (e.g. another infected unit) they will not seek an alternative route, they will simply move as far forward as they can that turn and stop.



If charging then they will go through other infected. So they need to have enough movement points left to do so. You can shoot at them as they move through and again as they move into the clear square.


Rules Page 10 wrote:
Charging infected will move through squares containing other infected units (either stood up or prone), providing that they have enough movement to reach the square after the one containing the other infected unit.


This. Infected which are not charging will not move through squares containing prone units, so if you kneecap one infront of a door for example it will trap the others in the room providing they can't see/smell anyone. If infected are charging they will move through squares containing prone infected providing they can reach a square past it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tnx.

One more question:

"What if you are in a grapple with a zombie and there is no free space adjacent to you. Can you do a sweep action?"

We have played that you cannot.

Tnx in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mb
That's correct, you would need a Space to sweep to. I honestly don't think I have ever encountered this though in my many years of playing, what was occupying the other spaces?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow one player managed to be knocked down at the corner of the room and was surrounded by zombies that didn't have enough movement points left to grapple him so they finished on the three spaces that were free...and he had one zombie on him in grapple.

Tnx Rob for quick answer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mb
Ok so it sounds like you are getting the rules a little wrong. "Any zombie reachin a grab position on a prone hero does not roll a grab test, just place them on the hero card" basically, if they reach an adjacent square, they are added to the grapple, they don't need to reach the actual square containing the hero.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought that the zombie needs one more movement point to enter the space....we were wrong....

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.