Subject: Sigh. I threw out the see-through sheets when I unboxed... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Beaudin
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Quick story is, I was unboxing 5 games, so I stopped paying attention and threw out the radio-operator, see-through sheets.

My idea is to buy a couple plexiglass sheets from Home Depot. Does anyone have any better solutions or a confirmation that the markers will write/erase on the plexiglass?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see why they wouldn't work on plexiglass but just to make sure I tested them on the plexiglass sheets I have lying around here.

The markers and the erasers work perfectly well on those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Beaudin
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the quick response. It's very appreciated!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also contact the publisher, explain the situation, and see if you can buy the sheets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
You could also contact the publisher, explain the situation, and see if you can buy the sheets...

I agree with this. I have contacted publishers three or four times about missing parts (not publishers fault), and have always received replacements. Once the publisher (Z-Man, before Asmodee bought them)didn't even charge me even though it was not their problem.

I can also verify that plexiglass works quite well. In fact, using wet erase markers on the plexiglass keeps one from accidentally erasing what you've written on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy transparency sheets at office supply stores that are used with overhead projectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
You can buy transparency sheets at office supply stores that are used with overhead projectors.

Yeah I wouldn't have thought they were hard to get, and a bit more easy to use than a sheet of plexiglass!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Beaudin
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
That's a great idea. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.