Popular Tags: [View All]
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Martin Höfer is the 2016 FRIEDRICH World Champion!

After having won 3 out of 4 games in the qualification round, he pulled off victory in the final game as France, on 2 Oct, 2016 in Berlin.

The other 3 finalists (Jose Bonilla Rau, Christian Blattner, Peter Hannappel) promoted to the 2016 Friedrich Grand Masters.

My congratulations to Martin! And the 3 Grand Masters!

More info can be found on: http://www.histogame.de/e_FWM2016.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsivel wrote:
Martin Höfer is the 2016 FRIEDRICH World Champion!

After having won 3 out of 4 games in the qualification round, he pulled off victory in the final game as France, on 2 Oct, 2016 in Berlin.

The other 3 finalists (Jose Bonilla Rau, Christian Blattner, Peter Hannappel) promoted to the 2016 Friedrich Grand Masters.

My congratulations to Martin! And the 3 Grand Masters!

More info can be found on: http://www.histogame.de/e_FWM2016.html

Congratulations Martin! Any chance of conducting a "Maria" World Championship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hoefer
Germany
Hambuehren
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Richard for a fantastic weekend in Schloss Friedrichsfelde! Me and my Celle-buddies will be back next year!

I wish you all the best for the "Spiel" in Essen! Return home safely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Zölitz
msg tools
Congratulation, Martin, for winning the world Championship and some more congratulations for winning the title at your second participation.

So I lost my prussian game in the qualifications to the later world champion. Well, thats not as serious as after the game DD

I'm locking forward to the next Championship. Hope there will be some kind of training camp in Celle until october 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
For your info: The missing parts of the FWC-report are online now, that is: Report of the Final & Statistics.

-----------------

Regarding a Maria-Championship:

There are several problems:

a) Maria needs negotiations. What if a player knows only basic English? He would have a disadvantage.

b) For the same number of players, we need 33% more tables, which is a problem, although solvable.

c) We'd need special clocks, since it is not a teamplay (Friedrich uses ordinary chess clocks).

d) The FWC is very time consuming for me to organize. A second championship would be simply too much.

e) I have yet to find a good point system for how to measure success in Maria for the non-winning players. All ideas I had in the past did not convince me.

f) For the Maria final, only 3 players would qualify. Already now, with 30+ participants at the FWC, I regret that only 4 players enter the final.

As you see, some of these problems are solvable (like b) or only minor (like f), but some are real issues, and the minor ones then add up. So, I decided that as long as there is good interest in the FWC, I see no reason why to start a MWC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.