Subject: What happens when drones kill the last defender before a battle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R L
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card explicitly states you can use it, even on a battle region. So my question is: Machines move in, initiating an attack and getting a battle token. There is only one defending unit here. It's taken out by a drone. What then happens to that battle token? Is that region still "locked" as it were for a battle region. Or is it no longer considered a battle region.

I'm guessing that it is no longer locked, but I can't seem to find the rules saying anything either way. This leads to interesting strats if it stays locked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
olafpkyou wrote:
The card explicitly states you can use it, even on a battle region. So my question is: Machines move in, initiating an attack and getting a battle token. There is only one defending unit here. It's taken out by a drone. What then happens to that battle token? Is that region still "locked" as it were for a battle region. Or is it no longer considered a battle region.

I'm guessing that it is no longer locked, but I can't seem to find the rules saying anything either way. This leads to interesting strats if it stays locked.

This case is covered in the rules. If a battle region no longer has two combatants, it is no longer a battle region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I know, where? I couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
olafpkyou wrote:

I'm at my day job and don't have the game in front of me. I'll have to check later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
olafpkyou wrote:

I'm at my day job and don't have the game in front of me. I'll have to check later.

Yeah, same here. No worries, I can check later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
olafpkyou wrote:

Page 10, first paragraph under "4. Battle Resolution".
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean McLaurin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Also, I read the "immediately remove the Battle token and place a control token" (pg.10) to be taking place during the round actions phase, even though that rule is written in the phase 4 section 'Battle Resolution'. The 'immediatley' means exactly that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Becker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If it is not a battle region, do you still get the 2 points for taking control of the region (from the first battle objective)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BeckeRetriever wrote:
If it is not a battle region, do you still get the 2 points for taking control of the region (from the first battle objective)?

No. You do not resolve Objectives, aka the Territory Control one, if you don't have a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
BeckeRetriever wrote:

No. You do not resolve Objectives, aka the Territory Control one, if you don't have a battle.

Cry Havoc - English Rules - After Move Action wrote:
3. If your Units are present in a Region with no Units belonging to other
players, immediately gain Control of the Region by placing one of your
Control tokens in the Region.

They are not getting the points, but would they get control of the region? My assumption is that since your are the only one left, you should get control, but then again this rule seem to only apply after the move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greasedonkey wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
BeckeRetriever wrote:

Cry Havoc - English Rules - After Move Action wrote:
3. If your Units are present in a Region with no Units belonging to other
players, immediately gain Control of the Region by placing one of your
Control tokens in the Region.

They are not getting the points, but would they get control of the region? My assumption is that since your are the only one left, you should get control, but then again this rule seem to only apply after the move action.

Keep it simple. If you are the only one in the region, you control it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.