14 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Any way to get more bases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I don't like taking the bases apart after every single game. Heck, it's annoying to keep replacing the werewolves bases every time they change.

Is there somewhere you can buy just extra bases so I can already store all miniatures with their colored bases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about buying more bases, but you could just paint them the right colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
At the moment I'm not planning on painting this game and I'm bagging each group of heroes together in a plastic bag, so I don't think paint will last much like this anyway.

So it's not much of an option.

I'm thinking maybe the bases are something you can find (or a good alternative) in a store or something, I just don't even know what they're called to google them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Haney
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm guessing you'd have to get them directly from CMoN, unfortunately I don't think they sell them individually just yet. As the previous poster suggested, I think you best bet is to paint the bases; even if you just use a paint pen or marker to color the edge around the base should be quick and easy enough to work for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Conan board game is about to be released in a short while and 25 colored bases were a non-exclusive add-on to the game. I actually kickstarted the game and bought one pack of that add-on among others. With the screenshots released so far, I'm pretty sure that the game have the same scale than the figures from The Others, Blood Rage, Zombicide, etc. Aka all of those games are produced by the same chinese company.

Picture of the content of the Conan box.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

SO just check up on the following link on the product tab every once in a while and the colored bases pack will surely become availabe eventually.

https://www.asmodee.us/en/games/conan/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
If you're just looking for a few more, try asking people who have already painted their sets. If not, I don't know the best way to get a bunch of them. My guess is they didn't manufacture a separate large amount of them, since they weren't an add on option.

I will say, even if you don't want to paint, taking a few colored sharpies to the edges of the heroes should probably work OK for this. If not, than paint pens would work. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it would allow you to color code all of the figures in about an hour or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks, for the suggestions but I'm just not that great with painting.

I'm trying to find the closet thing I can.

I found this:
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/fls-id-yllw.html

You think that might work as a substitute? Don't have the game in front of me at the moment, I'll have to check the size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
The problem with a third party solution is that if the bases are even 1mm off, they either won't fit or they will be too loose.

When I put my Zombicide Black Plague figures onto clear bases, the 25 mm clear ones were too big to fit inside the rings. I ordered 24 mm bases, and they fit, but they don't hold on. There is very little margin for error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Matunis
United States
Verona
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Tomer,
I think folks are suggesting that you just paint the base the matching color; i.e. paint the base of your bruisers - red, fixers - green, etc. not the whole miniature.

Doing that should be pretty easy and inexpensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Haney
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinutam wrote:
Hi Tomer,
I think folks are suggesting that you just paint the base the matching color; i.e. paint the base of your bruisers - red, fixers - green, etc. not the whole miniature.

Doing that should be pretty easy and inexpensive.

Im not even saying he has to do that; just use a marker of the right color around the edge, thats it. no painting skill needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Wow, I feel like a moron now... Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but I just emailed Cmon and asked them if they offer it for purchase. They said they could add up for their next run and will get back to me with an estimation.

Talk about great service

It will probably cost a bit much with shipping but still a good option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much were they estimating to sell them for? I'd love to get bases for all the heroes I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
At the moment they just asked for my address and said they'll get back to me. So don't know yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
I don't like taking the bases apart after every single game. Heck, it's annoying to keep replacing the werewolves bases every time they change.

Just don't use bases? It's not like you need them for anything.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.