Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad B
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
For example can a brick Thief heal your base and deal damage to another base with its arrive/attack ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, bases count as buildings and every card that can target and/or affects buildings can target/affect a base.

Indeed, destroying bases this way is a major win condition for certain specs, especially Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
This was what we decided at the table as it made sense but could not find anything in the rule book that stated as much. Additionally some cards feel very undercosted with this in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScapegoat wrote:
This was what we decided at the table as it made sense but could not find anything in the rule book that stated as much. Additionally some cards feel very undercosted with this in mind.

I only have an older playtest rulebook for reference here, so I hope the information is still current:
The base being a building is specified under the headline "Tech Buildings (and what they produce)". (page 4 in my book)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
Yup there it is. Thanks very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScapegoat wrote:
Additionally some cards feel very undercosted with this in mind.

Which cards do you feel are undercosted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question. Turns out it is mentioned in the rules, but I could only find it mentioned in the objective at the very beginning of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScapegoat wrote:

Interesting. In my mind most cards that can do direct base damage feel overcosted in most situations, though they're certainly worth it when it's time to close a game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.