8 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Lowest Score Wins! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
harrison tom
msg tools
Hey Everyone!

This is my first post ever to BBG so I'm still learning the ropes, but anyway I just wanted to say my friend the other day invented the idea that in order to WIN the game of Sushi Go Party, you finish with the LEAST amount of points. Negative points count.

We haven't tried it out yet because he thought of this idea at the end of our gaming session , but I just wanted to let people know. I can't wait to try it next time! I can already think about how Tofu will become like Sashimi, and Green Tea Ice Cream becomes a risk-reward proposition, and you want to avoid Wasabi like the plague now, etc etc.

Let me know what you think, or what your experience was like having tried this haha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played this with regular Sushi Go! and it's a blast. My friends like the name Sushi No! but I prefer Sushi Golf! (lowest score wins...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I think I got the idea (and maybe both of those names) from a post on Reddit, so the idea is going around... definitely try it out soon, it's a ton of fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrison tom
msg tools
Will do, thank you for the suggestion and also the Sushi No! name! LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard about this from this blog post which I think is a repost from the writer of the Reddit post mentioned above. Just wanted to share the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Game Bears
Australia
flag msg tools
Sounds like an interesting idea.

How has everyone else gone with this?

It would be interesting when you use some of the negative scoring cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jondodd82 wrote:
We've played this with regular Sushi Go! and it's a blast. My friends like the name Sushi No! but I prefer Sushi Golf! (lowest score wins...).
Phil Walker-Harding called it Poison Sushi when people came up with it for the original game

From the Sushi Go! forums:
How low can you go?
and Least points win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.