Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Night of Man» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assault combat when the target is marked as move, fired, or Ops Complete. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I started playing the solo mission 1 this weekend.

I like what I've seen so far. I like the non-dice combat and I really like the killer move flow charts. Even though a killer is ordered to move, it may not based on the circumstances.

But I do have a question on assault combat. When a unit initiates an assault combat, does the target unit get to fire back even if it's marked as moved, fired, or Ops Complete?

I'm guessing that's allowed. It makes assaulting a more risky operation. And then of course both units are marked as Ops Complete.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oraclepjo1 wrote:
I started playing the solo mission 1 this weekend.

I like what I've seen so far. I like the non-dice combat and I really like the killer move flow charts. Even though a killer is ordered to move, it may not based on the circumstances.

But I do have a question on assault combat. When a unit initiates an assault combat, does the target unit get to fire back even if it's marked as moved, fired, or Ops Complete?

I'm guessing that's allowed. It makes assaulting a more risky operation. And then of course both units are marked as Ops Complete.



Yes, it's in the rules under assault.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,
May I ask where the rules refers to marking units involved in an assault. I read and re-read section 9.0 and I have found no reference......am I aging?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
[...] ......am I aging?

Sure!
Edit: But me too! cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
Qwirz wrote:
[...] ......am I aging?

Sure!
Edit: But me too! cry


1. Sorry, I confused it with a different game in terms of it being spelled out in the rules.

2. It does NOT however say the unit cannot defend itself, so I don't see any reason that it would not be allowed to (like many other games allow) even if already activated.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

Yes, a unit can always defend itself in Assault Combat. Note that if the defender is Shaken, the combat is not simultaneous. Both units are marked Ops Complete after Assault Combat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Both units are marked Ops Complete after Assault Combat.


This is important, and should really be put into the FAQ or living rules. An Assaulting unit is obviously marked Moved, but there is no mention of marking it Ops Complete after Assaulting. More crucially, there is definitely no mention of marking the defender Ops Complete.

S.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seagles wrote:
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Both units are marked Ops Complete after Assault Combat.


This is important, and should really be put into the FAQ or living rules. An Assaulting unit is obviously marked Moved, but there is no mention of marking it Ops Complete after Assaulting. More crucially, there is definitely no mention of marking the defender Ops Complete.

S.


Rule 12d. "All units taking part in an Assault Combat are marked Ops Complete afterwards."

Says it pretty clearly.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Rule 12d. "All units taking part in an Assault Combat are marked Ops Complete afterwards."

Says it pretty clearly. :)



Eh? If you mean rule section 12, that concerns LOS not Assault. Can you please provide a Night of Man living rules page number? I must be blind or something.

Thanks,
Scott
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seagles wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
Rule 12d. "All units taking part in an Assault Combat are marked Ops Complete afterwards."

Says it pretty clearly.



Eh? If you mean rule section 12, that concerns LOS not Assault. Can you please provide a Night of Man living rules page number? I must be blind or something.

Thanks,
Scott


My bad. Was in the '65 rule book. Sorry!

Same rules, same intent I'm sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Kevin. I agree and thanks for checking in.

S.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.