Niccolò Ricchio
Italy
flag msg tools
...another politically charged one.

did you notice the blue faction is fundamentally the U.S.A. whith all its various controversial issues? up to the point where the eagle is changed to a griffon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would argue the griffons are more a nod to its Warcraft roots and the human faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolò Ricchio
Italy
flag msg tools
well, maybe, but add all the little things together.

for example, the theme of the peace tech is peace via preemptive war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the fantasy strike lore, blue are known to be highly manipulative and deceptive using lots of propaganda to pretend to be good guys. You could say it is usa or most other contries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
In the fantasy strike law, blue are known to be highly manipulative and deceptive using lots of propaganda to pretend to be good guys. You could say it is usa of most other contries.

Save your unwanted analysis. If this thread goes any further down this path, I am going to protest loudly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
You could say it is usa of most other contries.

Is there a typo here? I don't understand what you're saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
You could say it is usa of most other contries.

Is there a typo here? I don't understand what you're saying.

or most other countries, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Save your unwanted analysis. If this thread goes any further down this path, I am going to protest loudly.

Props to you for threatening discussion while sporting a geekbadge of the US constitution. God bless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
In the fantasy strike law, blue are known to be highly manipulative and deceptive using lots of propaganda to pretend to be good guys. You could say it is usa of most other contries.

We the people, do not fear your unwanted protests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol sorry for my unwanted analysis. I am just saying what the role of blue faction is in the fantasy strike universe. I was saying to the OP that you could take the stance that this is supposed to be the US government, but if you are from another country you might also think it is their government. Either way, none of this is confirmed as intentional by the guy who made it as far as I know.

Again sorry for my unwanted analysis, though the OP did seem to ask specifically for this type of analysis

Now time for a loud protest I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
In the fantasy strike lore, blue are known to be highly manipulative and deceptive using lots of propaganda to pretend to be good guys. You could say it is usa or most other contries.

No, the red portion is the unwanted analysis. Those types of statements should be made on RSP threads. Want to make subjective statements that are politically charged? Do it on RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're reading into it using your own political analysis. Yes, the Blue faction are manipulative propagandists. If you see a certain country in that, that's on you not Sirlin.
I could counter that Jefferson DeGrey is possibly a Thomas Jefferson stand-in, and he's not on Blue's side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy is asking if it is meant to be usa and I am saying that you could easily interpret it that way if you think usa fits those criteria. You can also say it about for example Russia or North Korea if you think those fit the criteria. It is in the eye of the beholder.

Honestly I cannot see how that is political, religious, or sexy but if you think it fits one (or even all three) of these then so be it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

No, the red portion is the unwanted analysis. Those types of statements should be made on RSP threads. Want to make subjective statements that are politically charged? Do it on RSP.

I disagree with virtually every word here, and I don't even know what an RSP thread is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
Wister wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

I disagree with virtually every word here, and I don't even know what an RSP thread is.

RSP is the Religion, Sex, Politics forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolò Ricchio
Italy
flag msg tools
Muemmelmann wrote:

yeah, you are right. i'd still argue that ather cues point in the direction i expressed: the griphons (if you want to see them as eagles), or the peace spec being about war.

i don't think we'll have any kind of official endorsement, that's a delicate topic better left subtle, but i wanna say that if that's the case, i consider this kind of thing true patriotism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Most blue cards are general dystopian police state - Sirlin even said as much in his preview articles for the blue faction.

However, the Building Inspector seems to be a specific reference to FATCA, a particular U.S. law that goes beyond what most countries would claim in terms of extraterritorial jurisdiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Fedora
Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Has nobody ever heard of the novel 1984? I mean, it is at least reasonably well known, or at least so I had thought…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.