Hide
7 Posts

The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » Rules

Subject: STH bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Dripps
msg tools
Does the short term happiness bonus always apply during the round for multiple uses? Could i advance in a project using the bonus more than once for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
Does the short term happiness bonus always apply during the round for multiple uses? Could i advance in a project using the bonus more than once for example?

Yes you apply bonuses/penalties multiple times per round ... it doesn't reset until the beginning of the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
To add on, does STH apply for these two scenarios?

1. During upkeep (e.g. when a relationship gives you STH as part of upkeep)
2. Payment for events

Reading the rules, it sounds like it should, but 1. gives a very big advantage when you have multiple upkeep costs, and 2. is somewhat of a let down when you can just pay the event costs for free, it minimizes the impact of the event imo.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jemwong wrote:

2. Payment for events

Reading the rules, it sounds like it should, but 1. gives a very big advantage when you have multiple upkeep costs, and 2. is somewhat of a let down when you can just pay the event costs for free, it minimizes the impact of the event imo.

Thanks.
STH discounts only apply to Projects. Nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
jemwong wrote:

2. Payment for events

Thanks.
STH discounts only apply to Projects. Nothing else.

Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well? EDIT: rulebook out of date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jemwong wrote:
Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well?
Actually, the 2nd Edition rules say: "When you take or advance a Project (of any type) you may pay 1 less resource of your choice (Knowledge, Creativity or Influence) for each STH you have." So it qualifies when you take a new Project or advance an existing one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
jemwong wrote:
Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well?
Actually, the 2nd Edition rules say: "When you take or advance a Project (of any type) you may pay 1 less resource of your choice (Knowledge, Creativity or Influence) for each STH you have." So it qualifies when you take a new Project or advance an existing one.

Yeah, I just realized I got the rulebook from the uploaded files in BGG, and it's probably the older version. Just got the updated rulebook from KS updates, and you're right. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.