Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » Rules

Subject: STH bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Dripps
msg tools
Does the short term happiness bonus always apply during the round for multiple uses? Could i advance in a project using the bonus more than once for example?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
Does the short term happiness bonus always apply during the round for multiple uses? Could i advance in a project using the bonus more than once for example?

Yes you apply bonuses/penalties multiple times per round ... it doesn't reset until the beginning of the next round.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
To add on, does STH apply for these two scenarios?

1. During upkeep (e.g. when a relationship gives you STH as part of upkeep)
2. Payment for events

Reading the rules, it sounds like it should, but 1. gives a very big advantage when you have multiple upkeep costs, and 2. is somewhat of a let down when you can just pay the event costs for free, it minimizes the impact of the event imo.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jemwong wrote:
To add on, does STH apply for these two scenarios?

1. During upkeep (e.g. when a relationship gives you STH as part of upkeep)
2. Payment for events

Reading the rules, it sounds like it should, but 1. gives a very big advantage when you have multiple upkeep costs, and 2. is somewhat of a let down when you can just pay the event costs for free, it minimizes the impact of the event imo.

Thanks.
STH discounts only apply to Projects. Nothing else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
jemwong wrote:
To add on, does STH apply for these two scenarios?

1. During upkeep (e.g. when a relationship gives you STH as part of upkeep)
2. Payment for events

Reading the rules, it sounds like it should, but 1. gives a very big advantage when you have multiple upkeep costs, and 2. is somewhat of a let down when you can just pay the event costs for free, it minimizes the impact of the event imo.

Thanks.
STH discounts only apply to Projects. Nothing else.


Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well? EDIT: rulebook out of date
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jemwong wrote:
Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well?
Actually, the 2nd Edition rules say: "When you take or advance a Project (of any type) you may pay 1 less resource of your choice (Knowledge, Creativity or Influence) for each STH you have." So it qualifies when you take a new Project or advance an existing one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
jemwong wrote:
Whoops. I re-read the rules again, and it says "When you advance a project". So I take it that means it doesn't apply to new / group / single round projects as well?
Actually, the 2nd Edition rules say: "When you take or advance a Project (of any type) you may pay 1 less resource of your choice (Knowledge, Creativity or Influence) for each STH you have." So it qualifies when you take a new Project or advance an existing one.


Yeah, I just realized I got the rulebook from the uploaded files in BGG, and it's probably the older version. Just got the updated rulebook from KS updates, and you're right. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.