$30.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Chimera Station» Forums » General

Subject: Plea to TMG to give deluxe backers the mini expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the stretch goals were spread too far apart. Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith. really bummed this campaign didn't do better.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I think this game looks amazing! I figured it would be way over-funded! Especially with TMG's good reputation with KS projects

I'm at least happy that it will be funded at all I guess. The mini expansion would be a nice touch.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should TMG give something away when it's obvious enough people weren't interested in backing the campaign? I get your bummed out, but if people didn't want to back it then that's that. It's more likely the stretch goals were set according to what they could afford. I don't really think you have the right to ask for something just because the campaign didn't do as well as you'd hoped.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it will not be the first time that a publisher give the next stretch goal not founded, simply to say thank you to their backers, and because they are satisfied of the result and the total can cover that cost.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
Why should TMG give something away when it's obvious enough people weren't interested in backing the campaign? I get your bummed out, but if people didn't want to back it then that's that. It's more likely the stretch goals were set according to what they could afford. I don't really think you have the right to ask for something just because the campaign didn't do as well as you'd hoped.


Because the stretch goals weren't set right during the campaign. If you didn't back or partake in the comments you wouldn't understand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It seems the stretch goals were spread too far apart. Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith. really bummed this campaign didn't do better.
Are you not considering the stretch goals that they already moved back to the base funding level in order to give backers a reason to back the Deluxe version "a gesture of good faith?" And if not, why not?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It seems the stretch goals were spread too far apart. Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith. really bummed this campaign didn't do better.
Are you not considering the stretch goals that they already moved back to the base funding level in order to give backers a reason to back the Deluxe version "a gesture of good faith?" And if not, why not?


Personally i wish they would have restarted/relaunched the campaign. The deluxe version is a big disappointment compared to their other projects.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It seems the stretch goals were spread too far apart. Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith. really bummed this campaign didn't do better.
Are you not considering the stretch goals that they already moved back to the base funding level in order to give backers a reason to back the Deluxe version "a gesture of good faith?" And if not, why not?
Personally i wish they would have restarted/relaunched the campaign. The deluxe version is a big disappointment compared to their other projects.
That's not an answer to my question.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
Why should TMG give something away when it's obvious enough people weren't interested in backing the campaign? I get your bummed out, but if people didn't want to back it then that's that. It's more likely the stretch goals were set according to what they could afford. I don't really think you have the right to ask for something just because the campaign didn't do as well as you'd hoped.


Because the stretch goals weren't set right during the campaign. If you didn't back or partake in the comments you wouldn't understand.


Don't assume I didn't read up on this before in posted.

I'm just saying that Kickstarter has risks. Not every successful campaign is going to hit all their rewards. I'm sorry if your expectations for this project weren't met. But it still funded. And from what they have said, it seems like it doesn't make financial sense for them to give away the mini expansion. I could be wrong, but then again none of us really know what goes into these decisions on their end. I just think it presumptuous to expect them to give handouts just because you and others are disappointed with a SUCCESSFUL ptoject.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The stretch goals were not set too far apart, they were set so that the economy of scale covered the cost of the stretch goal, which is the way we normally handle things. The campaign did perfectly fine. We early-unlocked the 80k stretch goal, AND added stuff to it.

We have no plans to add further stuff.


7 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith.


No, don't. That's just greedy. Include it as an add-on.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed quite a few TMG games. This time, the lack of support for 5+ players and the meh deluxe treatment killed the KS for me. There just wasn't a reason for me to pledge this time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith.


No, don't. That's just greedy. Include it as an add-on.


I would pay but they don't seem to want our money either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
I've backed quite a few TMG games. This time, the lack of support for 5+ players and the meh deluxe treatment killed the KS for me. There just wasn't a reason for me to pledge this time.


Yeah I wish I would have dropped and waited for the retail version for half the cost.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ayejae wrote:
I've backed quite a few TMG games. This time, the lack of support for 5+ players and the meh deluxe treatment killed the KS for me. There just wasn't a reason for me to pledge this time.


Yeah I wish I would have dropped and waited for the retail version for half the cost.


If you and others share that attitude, it will ensure less games come to Kickstarter. So games that wouldn't have been published otherwise either won't get published, will cost more, or will have very small print runs. So as long as your cool with that...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ayejae wrote:
I've backed quite a few TMG games. This time, the lack of support for 5+ players and the meh deluxe treatment killed the KS for me. There just wasn't a reason for me to pledge this time.


Yeah I wish I would have dropped and waited for the retail version for half the cost.


If you and others share that attitude, it will ensure less games come to Kickstarter. So games that wouldn't have been published otherwise either won't get published, will cost more, or will have very small print runs. So as long as your cool with that...


I don't view this as a charity. It's on TMG's shoulders to convince me that they deserve my limited money. I think this encourages better games get Kickstarted. Maybe less, but I'm not concerned about quantity.

What attitude do you have?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ayejae wrote:
I've backed quite a few TMG games. This time, the lack of support for 5+ players and the meh deluxe treatment killed the KS for me. There just wasn't a reason for me to pledge this time.


Yeah I wish I would have dropped and waited for the retail version for half the cost.


If you and others share that attitude, it will ensure less games come to Kickstarter. So games that wouldn't have been published otherwise either won't get published, will cost more, or will have very small print runs. So as long as your cool with that...


I don't view this as a charity. It's on TMG's shoulders to convince me that they deserve my limited money. I think this encourages better games get Kickstarted. Maybe less, but I'm not concerned about quantity.

What attitude do you have?


Exactly, especially when it comes to "established" publishers who could be considered "abusing" kickstarter anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think abusing ks is a little extreme since this is one they said they've had on the shelf for a few years and it was ks or not make it. If they had launched it with metal coins and wooden food with no additional stretch goals I don't think there world be an uproar. I personally am glad the game came into existence.

If I understand correctly, TMG might be doing less kickstarters
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Please consider giving backers this item as a gesture of good faith.


No, don't. That's just greedy. Include it as an add-on.


I would pay but they don't seem to want our money either.


I'm not sure if you're being obtuse or if you haven't thought about how they can only afford to offer something if they are guaranteed to sell enough copies to make the price per unit include any profit.

Saying "just offer it as an addon" is easy, but (just random numbers), if only 400 backers would add it for $10, and a print run of 600 would cost them $11 each, it would be be a loss to them. So you say just raise the price to $12 each. But what if then only 200 backers add it?

The problem is that kickstarter isn't really set up for something like this. They can't set it up where the base game has to have X pledges locked in in order to fund, but the addon has Y pledges locked in. So campaigns have to take a bit of a risk when they offer addons. And considering how (relative to other TMG projects) underwhelming the response to this one was, it might be a big risk.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.