Subject: Solo pass and end of turn. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I had presumed that when the units of both side are marked as fired, moved, Ops Complete that ends the turn.

But I see from previous posts that's not true. Only if the designated end of turn cards are played or when both sides agree to pass.

How would this work in the solo game?

I've run into this situation where all the killer's units have been activated and all are marked fired, moved, or Ops Complete. As I now understand, I can keep pulling action cards.

1. If I want to pass, will that then end the turn?

2. Or do I keep drawing cards until I get the designated end of turn cards?

3. If when I draw action cards, do I also draw an AI card with the idea that it might generate a random event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oraclepjo1 wrote:
I had presumed that when the units of both side are marked as fired, moved, Ops Complete that ends the turn.

But I see from previous posts that's not true. Only if the designated end of turn cards are played or when both sides agree to pass.

How would this work in the solo game?

I've run into this situation where all the killer's units have been activated and all are marked fired, moved, or Ops Complete. As I now understand, I can keep pulling action cards.

1. If I want to pass, will that then end the turn?

2. Or do I keep drawing cards until I get the designated end of turn cards?

3. If when I draw action cards, do I also draw an AI card with the idea that it might generate a random event?

I'm not sure the initial premise is correct.

When both sides are done, the turn ends.

UPDATE: Checked rules and I'm correct.

Regular Game: Both sides pass CONSECUTIVELY, the turn is over (or by End Turn cards)

Solo Game: When no eligible units are left on the map, the turn is over (or by End Turn Cards)

You said: "I had presumed that when the units of both side are marked as fired, moved, Ops Complete that ends the turn."

If they have no units that can do anything they HAVE to pass, so they cannot keep the turn alive forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks Kevin.

I checked the solo rules when I got home last night and sure enough the end of turn rule is right there.

That was a my bad. I think I got too caught up in the two player rules and the forum articles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin. You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.