$5.00
$15.00
Nikos Papalyberis
Greece
Egaleo
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday i had the chance to finish a full solo game (53 bc scenario) playing as Romans against the bots.

I had started a few games but this was the first full, with no rule errors (or at least very few).

Conclusion is that i really enjoyed the game!!
Also i have now realized the potential of the game and the unlimited options and constant tough decisions someone needs to take.

I have a few comments regarding the solo game :

1. Sometimes i would like the bots to be more aggressive and more mobile. For this i'm planning to play a home variant, that when i see a bot that has a clear opportunity but the flow chart dectates something else, i will take the opportunity. Or if an event is effective but with minor impact, i will treat as ineffective.

2. I'm not an experienced player, so i may played somewhat wrong, but at some point the Belgic tribes was smashed by me (Romans). From that point, even after witers that Romans fully retreated to Provincia, they couldn't make a come back. Anyone with same experience?

Thanks for the great game Andrew and Volko!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Andrew and Volko are creating a set of more aggressive bots to be released with their upcoming expansion which may help ::fingers crossed::

I did have a game where after some serious defeats the Belgic tribes seemed to turtle up for far longer than was advantageous for them or for hurting me.

I sometimes (especially when I know it will be more detrimental to me as a solo player) play with similar situational variants. I also strangely enjoy playing as all factions without a bot just to see where things go and when learning this especially helped to better understand the different faction motivations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.