Hide
4 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions! (Up to August Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mb
Hi All. Loving legacy so far, my group is havign a great time, I'm usually quite OCD with protecting my card and games so its quite refreshing to be destroying stuff!!

Anyway just finished August... and things (as in the state of the world) are going alright so far, (I think!). Basically noone has died yet and no cities are collapsing yet, though nearly 2/3 of the world is rioting! Coda is blue in my game, and it has claimed all of North America, All the blue terrorities in Europe and most of South America. We've been pretty brutal with roadblocks though and hopefully will stop it spreading much further.

And we had a couple of quick clarifications, I want to make sure we're playing correctly and I couldn't find these questions online.

1) Do the search objectives count as one of the 3 you need to achieve for the month? For example, in July we found the Virologist quite quickly so we counted that as one objective complete. Was that correct? Also, we lost Early July (out of cards) and when we set up Late July, we didn't set up the Search objective again as we'd already found her in Early July, was that correct?

Also if for any reason we fail to find the person in the month they first appear, do they roll over to the next month? So we could potentially have multiple searches going on in a month?

2) Most of the Faded cities spreading have been fairly straight forward. They have all spread to empty cities. But what was the correct action for the below?

Coda was blue and outbreaked. It spread to a yellow city where there was already 3 yellow cubes. The city became faded, but what should have happened to the existing yellow cubes.

Do they get switched to Faded figures? As that would cause another outbreak due to the now 4 figures on the city.

Or does the city become faded and just gains faded figures instead of cubes from now on? Leaving the 3 yellow cubes intact for now?

Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Completed searches count as an objective for the game they were found in. If you find someone in early July, but lose the game, you'll need a different objective in late July.

It is possible to have multiple searches going on at once, yes. Objectives are only destroyed if they say to do so or the legacy deck (etc.) instructs you otherwise.

2) If a faded city outbreaks into a non-faded city of a different color, the city becomes faded, but the existing cubes do not change color or cause an outbreak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
You rock, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the few upsides to a city fading is that it resets the clock on its infections. There was one game in our campaign where that was the only thing that saved us from losing to outbreaks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.