$60.00
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Hey Tony,

I'm weak I guess, but I tried and failed to find the 'definitive' rule(ing) for what happens after running out of mayoral reward cards in GoL.

BaBang wrote:
If you run out of mayoral reward cards, players get VP when they can't draw any... but do they get the VP bonus when they aren't able to draw the full amount?

For instance, lets say an action ask you to draw 3 and pick 1... but there is only 1 mayoral reward card left. Do you get VPs?

tonyboydell wrote:
You choose: the 'last' card or a guaranteed 5VP

As a result of your answer above, I was asked this past weekend if one could perhaps "always" take 5vp instead of a mayoral reward card, even if there were plenty of MRC's remaining, or is this allowed only if there's just 1 remaining (why not '2' remaining in the case above? I play with 'winners'!).

Dear Friend, Please let me know: when does one get the 5VPs and when 'must' one choose a MRC?

Thanks Tony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim Norsefury wrote:

Hey Tony,

I'm weak I guess, but I tried and failed to find the 'definitive' rule(ing) for what happens after running out of mayoral reward cards in GoL.

BaBang wrote:
If you run out of mayoral reward cards, players get VP when they can't draw any... but do they get the VP bonus when they aren't able to draw the full amount?

For instance, lets say an action ask you to draw 3 and pick 1... but there is only 1 mayoral reward card left. Do you get VPs?

tonyboydell wrote:

As a result of your answer above, I was asked this past weekend if one could perhaps "always" take 5vp instead of a mayoral reward card, even if there were plenty of MRC's remaining, or is this allowed only if there's just 1 remaining (why not '2' remaining in the case above? I play with 'winners'!).

Dear Friend, Please let me know: when does one get the 5VPs and when 'must' one choose a MRC?

Thanks Tony!

If I had to guess (and I don't - I just like to butt in!), I'd say that anytime you're getting "draw x and keep 1", and x is more than the number of cards remaining, you would have the option of not looking at any of the remaining cards and taking the VPs instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When your draw more than exhausts the deck, pretend that each card you're unable to draw is an invisible 5pt card, then keep cards as appropriate.

You don't have the 5 point option if there are adequate cards available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

dmoser22 wrote:
Grim Norsefury wrote:

Hey Tony,

BaBang wrote:

tonyboydell wrote:

Thanks Tony!

If I had to guess (and I don't - I just like to butt in!), I'd say that anytime you're getting "draw x and keep 1", and x is more than the number of cards remaining, you would have the option of not looking at any of the remaining cards and taking the VPs instead.

truekid wrote:
When your draw more than exhausts the deck, pretend that each card you're unable to draw is an invisible 5pt card, then keep cards as appropriate.

You don't have the 5 point option if there are adequate cards available.

Thanks guys, we'll play that way until informed otherwise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone clarify where it states you get VP when you can't draw cards? I've scoured the rules PDF and I don't see any mention of it.

EDIT: Disregard, just realized it's printed on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was forgotten in the rules, it's only suggested on the board. It should be in the rules though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
it is mentioned in the rules, just not very prominently.
Go to page 9, on the right side, second example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.