Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kerr
United States
arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

If I have multiple action discs/workers on an action space, can I use one of the "used once during the game" market tiles in between actions?

In the particular scenario I ran into, I had the "The owner receives 3 Aeros per medium building he has" tile. I wanted to put two workers on the 'Construction' action space, use the first to build a medium building, then use the market tile to get money, then use that money to buy a propeller space with the next action. Would this have been legal?

We played that it was NOT legal, but weren't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnkerr wrote:

If I have multiple action discs/workers on an action space, can I use one of the "used once during the game" market tiles in between actions?

In the particular scenario I ran into, I had the "The owner receives 3 Aeros per medium building he has" tile. I wanted to put two workers on the 'Construction' action space, use the first to build a medium building, then use the market tile to get money, then use that money to buy a propeller space with the next action. Would this have been legal?

We played that it was NOT legal, but weren't sure.

I think you played it right. The rules suggest the disks on a single spot are a single action, so I don't think you can interrupt an action to use tile effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is correct as well, although it's not explicitly stated in the rulebook. The things that lean me towards you being correct are that when it talks about the anytime tiles, it uses the word 'also' and when it talks about building more than one thing, it says explicitly that all the disks are placed at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I would say that yes you can use a tile "1x" (once during the game) in that or any other circumstances, since it is your turn to play. This kind of tiles use is completely independent from worker actions as I see it (except for the tiles that depend of specific actions to be triggered). So, the player is free to use them at the best moment possible to empower his ations. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think I can take the game's designer's word for it. Using the tile in the middle of an action is OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.