Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It keeps coming up so here are the details.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/heres-a-look-at-bill-clinton...

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has hinted for months that he would make Bill Clinton’s history with women an issue during the presidential campaign. Just about an hour before the debate, Trump appeared at a press conference with several of Clinton’s accusers.

Whether you are too young to remember the Clinton sex scandals or simply need a refresher course, LawNewz.com has you covered. Here is a list of Bill Clinton’s alleged and admitted sexual misconduct a over the years as well as his alleged affairs.

Monica Lewinsky

Then President Clinton began an affair with the 22-year-old White House intern in 1995. The two had numerous sexual encounters in the White House, including some in a private office connected to the Oval Office. Lewinsky’s friend, Linda Tripp, recorded several hours of phone conversations in which Lewinsky went into detail about the affair, including the fact that she kept a blue dress that had Clinton’s DNA on it.

When news of the affair broke in January 1998, Clinton denied the allegations for several months until eventually admitting that he had an inappropriate relationship with Lewinsky in August of 1998. The affair ultimately led to Clinton’s impeachment in the House of Representatives on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice, making him only the second president to be impeached. Clinton was then acquitted after an impeachment trial in the Senate and remained in office.

Juanita Broaddrick

In a 1999 interview on Dateline NBC, Broaddrick alleged that Clinton raped her in a motel room during a gubernatorial campaign stop in 1978.

He turned me around and started kissing me, and that was a real shock. I first pushed him away. I just told him ‘no.’ . . . He tries to kiss me again. He starts biting on my lip. . . . And then he forced me down on the bed. I just was very frightened. I tried to get away from him. I told him ‘no.’ . . . He wouldn’t listen to me.”

Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, called Broaddrick’s allegations completely false in 1999.

Broaddrick spoke with LawNewz.com on Wednesday and called Hillary Clinton an “enabler” of her husband’s behavior. Earlier this year, she accused Hillary Clinton of pressuring her to not speak out about the alleged rape back in 1978.

Gennifer Flowers

Flowers came forward during the 1992 presidential campaign and said she had been Clinton’s mistress for over a decade. Immediately after the allegations surfaced, Clinton denied having a relationship with Flowers in an interview on 60 Minutes with Hillary sitting beside him. In 1998, Clinton admitted to having a sexual relationship with Flowers, but he stated it only occurred once in 1977.

Paula Jones

Jones alleged that in 1991 Clinton coaxed her to a hotel room where he made unwanted sexual advances towards her, including dropping his pants and asking her for oral sex. In 1994, Jones filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Clinton that in 1998 the Washington Post said “opened a Pandora’s box of allegations about [Clinton’s] past sex life and made him the first sitting president ever interrogated under oath as a defendant in a civil lawsuit or before a grand jury as a criminal target.” Discovery proceedings in the Jones lawsuit also played a role in under covering the Lewinsky Scandal.

Clinton and Jones reached a settlement in 1998 in which Clinton agreed to pay Jones $850,000 — more than the $700,000 she pled as damages when the lawsuit was filed — but admitted no wrongdoing. Clinton’s attorney, Robert S. Bennett, maintained the allegations were baseless after the settlement was reached.

Kathleen Willey

In a 1998 interview on 60 Minutes, Willey alleged that Clinton attempted to kiss her and groped her breasts and genitalia during an unwanted encounter in a private room near the Oval Office in 1993. Willey also alleged Clinton was aroused during the encounter. Willey was a Democratic Party activist and met Clinton at a 1989 fundraiser event.

Clinton has always denied the allegation.

Elizabeth Ward Gracen

Ward-Gracen came forward in 1998 and she regretted having had a one-night stand with Clinton back in 1982. Speculation had swirled around the alleged affair since at least 1992, but Ward-Gracen had always denied it and avoided getting served with subpoena in the Jones lawsuit by staying out the country to film a television show.

Clinton denied this allegation in 1998.

Sally Perdue aka Myra Belle Miller

Perdue-Miller, a former Miss Arkansas, came forward in 1994 and said she had an affair with Clinton while he was governor of Arkansas in 1983. She said she was warned by an unnamed Democratic Party staffer to stay quiet about the affair during the 1992 campaign. “They knew that I went jogging by myself and he couldn’t guarantee what would happen to my pretty little legs,” Perdue-Miller told a reporter in a 1998 interview.

Clinton has never publicly responded to this allegation.

Dolly Kyle Browning

Kyle-Browning was a high school friend of Clinton who admitted to having an on-and-off sexual relationship with Clinton from the mid-1970s through 1992. She made the admission in a sworn affidavit filed in 1998.

Clinton has never publicly responded to this allegation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
You've convinced me: I am not voting for Bill Clinton in this upcoming election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
You've convinced me: I am not voting for Bill Clinton in this upcoming election.

I agree. I'm not voting for bill clinton either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
shake Didn't VOTE for either him nor Bush(s), yet HE 'got' some despite such! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

I agree that Bill is gonna be Bill. It's his doing. But what IS relevant to this, and which I see none of in this list, is what Hillary's response was to any or all of these allegations. If she is going to espouse that every victim deserves to be believed and not shamed, then I think it deserves to be shown whether or not it is just rhetoric, or whether she practices what she preaches. I would hate to think that she sacrifices what she believes just in the name of political expediency... her husband's political expediency no less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I agree that Bill is gonna be Bill. It's his doing. But what IS relevant to this, and which I see none of in this list, is what Hillary's response was to any or all of these allegations. If she is going to espouse that every victim deserves to be believed and not shamed, then I think it deserves to be shown whether or not it is just rhetoric, or whether she practices what she preaches. I would hate to think that she sacrifices what she believes just in the name of political expediency... her husband's political expediency no less.

There's going to be a natural difference between practicing what she preaches and how she treats women who slept with her husband. That's just just human nature. I can forgive her that. I'm sure some republicans can't.

But I think many people only know "bill clinton had affairs." I think being aware of facts is never bad. I don't think anyone could take my posting about bill clinton's affairs to remind or inform people of the details as anti republican or pro clinton. At best, it's anti clinton who I support. But really- it's data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

There's going to be a natural difference between practicing what she preaches and how she treats women who slept with her husband. That's just just human nature. I can forgive her that. I'm sure some republicans can't.

So SOME victims don't deserve to be believed and should be spared from public shaming? Women who are betrayed and cheated on should just "stand by their man" even if it means sacrificing the dignity of those who were harmed?

By not taking her husband to task, she publicly enabled her husband and his behavior.

Did she, or did she not, publicly enable her husband's behavior?

EDIT to respond to mac's edit: Data is always good. But data about Bill's affairs is only part of the story, and the part that hardly matters in my mind. The data that matters to me is... Hillary's response to those various women's accusations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any site that uses a Z instead of an S sure sounds like a PRETTY LEGIT SITE TO ME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Yep, that's the important part for this election. Hillary has repeatedly and viciously attacked the victims of her husband's rape and sexual harassment in public. Her behavior in this regard is despicable.

You're either lying or ignorant, because the public record is extremely clear that Hillary has said virtually nothing about Bill's various women. So which one is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Totally agree, Dash, totally!

Mac, thank you for posting this. At least it will serve as a frame of reference in the upcoming weeks. When it came to sex, Bill Clinton was a pig. But allegations are just that -- allegations. Considering that Lewinsky and Flowers both had concrete evidence of their encounters with Bill, yet none of the others did not, it makes it somewhat ambiguous as to what exactly happened. Now, with Paula Jones, it's establish that Bill dropped trou in front of her and asked for a blowjob. Pig-like behavior, to be certain, but no forcing her to the bed, or grabbing her head and forcing it toward his crotch.

And to BJ's point: my wife is an ardent feminist, extremely liberal, and certainly believes that if a woman claims to have been raped, she should be believed. But she would be hell on any woman I had a dalliance with (which I would do only if I wanted to stop living) because she doesn't put up with any other woman horning in on her man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

So SOME victims don't deserve to be believed and should be spared from public shaming? Women who are betrayed and cheated on should just "stand by their man" even if it means sacrificing the dignity of those who were harmed?

By not taking her husband to task, she publicly enabled her husband and his behavior.

Did she, or did she not, publicly enable her husband's behavior?

EDIT to respond to mac's edit: Data is always good. But data about Bill's affairs is only part of the story, and the part that hardly matters in my mind. The data that matters to me is... Hillary's response to those various women's accusations.

And by posting it, I invited legitimate (and crazy) discussion on the issue.

She may have given her husband holy hell over it. But there was a time you were not expected to divorce your spouse and she's from that time.

Women should be believed enough to investigate. In some cases, it won't be possible to determine what happened.

But you can't expect a person being cheated on to behave rationally towards the people cheating with their spouse. It's like if the presidents wife was taken hostage. We don't expect him to say "I won't deal with terrorists". We expect him to be taken out of the decision because we know he won't be rational. (or if he were- jesus. that's one cold hearted bastard).

In any case, Jmilum's post shows that when fact checked.. Trump was lying... again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Yep, that's the important part for this election. Hillary has repeatedly and viciously attacked the victims of her husband's rape and sexual harassment in public. Her behavior in this regard is despicable.

You're either lying or ignorant, because the public record is extremely clear that Hillary has said virtually nothing about Bill's various women. So which one is it?

There is no rule that he can't be both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

It's not lying if you believe it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Hillary has repeatedly and viciously attacked the victims of her husband's rape and sexual harassment in public.

Quote:
Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers

Neither of who claimed rape or sexual harassment, but consensual affairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Hillary has repeatedly and viciously attacked the victims of her husband's rape and sexual harassment in public.

Quote:

But this continued to enable his behavior by absolving him publicly at the expense of those "bimbos."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Quote:

But this continued to enable his behavior by absolving him publicly at the expense of those "bimbos."

What I'm seeing here is an attempt to conflate two different things: admitted affairs and alleged sexual abuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I can't believe you would claim Hillary raped those women! That's shocking!

Fake quotes and deflection. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Right, that's what you did. Fake quotes and deflection. Good work identifying that. Would you care to actually address what I wrote instead of what you imagined I wrote in your fevered mind?

I did address it, you ignored it.

Neither Flowers or Lewinsky have claimed rape or sexual harassment. Instead they've both said the affairs were consensual.

Which women specifically did she call bimbos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I recall a few years ago when the first allegation emerged about Bill Cosby being a drug'em/rape'em guy. At first I didn't buy it -- for God's sake, it's Bill Cosby! -- and when more ladies came forward, I still believed they were in it for money.

Then Cosby was indicted on assault charges, and the scales fell from my eyes.

Why share this? Bill Clinton is alleged to have raped at least two women. Why has none of them gone to the authorities? And don't trot out the nonsense about "Clinton Death Squads," that's just political bullshit that even its purveyors know is bullshit. Cosby had money, power, fame -- but finally some courageous women took him to task.

If one of these women who are alleging assault by Clinton would file a lawsuit or press charges, I'd buy it more (I've already said I think Bill Clinton is a pig when it comes to women). After all, Paula Jones got more than $800K when she took Bill to court.

Why aren't the other ones doing what a dumbass Arkie chick did?

Because it didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Right, that's what you did. Fake quotes and deflection. Good work identifying that. Would you care to actually address what I wrote instead of what you imagined I wrote in your fevered mind?

I did address it, you ignored it.

Neither Flowers or Lewinsky have claimed rape or sexual harassment. Instead they've both said the affairs were consensual.

Which women specifically did she call bimbos?

OK, I'll take that as a no from you. Thanks for the talk.

More deflection and still ignoring my response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How do you feel about those women referred to like this:

1998:
Quote:
"I don't necessarily agree with his victims," Trump said to Fox News' Neil Cavuto in a clip uncovered earlier in the year by the "Daily Beast." "His victims are terrible. He is, he is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position."

"These people are just, I don't know, where he met them - where he found them," Trump continued. "But the whole group — it's truly an unattractive cast of characters. Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, I mean, this woman, I watch her on television. She is so bad. The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/trump-clinton-sex-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I recall a few years ago when the first allegation emerged about Bill Cosby being a drug'em/rape'em guy. At first I didn't buy it -- for God's sake, it's Bill Cosby! -- and when more ladies came forward, I still believed they were in it for money.

Why share this? Bill Clinton is alleged to have raped at least two women. Why has none of them gone to the authorities? And don't trot out the nonsense about "Clinton Death Squads," that's just political bullshit that even its purveyors know is bullshit. Cosby had money, power, fame -- but finally some courageous women took him to task.

If one of these women who are alleging assault by Clinton would file a lawsuit or press charges, I'd buy it more (I've already said I think Bill Clinton is a pig when it comes to women). After all, Paula Jones got more than $800K when she took Bill to court.

I can think of a few reasons why. Money would be one. Once the first one came out, they got in front of it and met with other victims and offered them money. Or political positions. Or other bribes that would keep them silent.

Not saying that it did happen. Just saying that there are other viable answer to your "Why has nobody else come forward" query.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I can think of a few reasons why. Money would be one. Once the first one came out, they got in front of it and met with other victims and offered them money. Or political positions. Or other bribes that would keep them silent.

Not saying that it did happen. Just saying that there are other viable answer to your "Why has nobody else come forward" query.

This is on the edge of 'another reason is possible so it must be right' territory, which I presume is not your intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

It's not lying if you believe it.

What if he is lying to himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.